Page 531 of 535 FirstFirst ... 31431481521529530531532533 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 5349

Thread: Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

  1. #5301
    My Solo droids 4-pack should arrive today. I'm really looking forward to it!

  2. #5302
    Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    I am puzzled by the relative lack of creativity in this set. Orange and Yellow... ok 2 colors. Blue and Green R5 not bad. Black again?
    The first one is the plum of the set. Why couldn't they do the proper R2-M80, unless they changed it for this movie. But it still has the original silver eye?

    Like R2-S8 and R5-PHT, though plain black droids bore me. At least it has some provenance. And a new head sculpt.

    R5-232 has a passable colour scheme that's ok with me. And a new body sculpt.

    I almost feel its ok for Disney to do a 4 pack in the Fall of the other droids seen, like the gonk droid etc.
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

    Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

  3. #5303
    Quote Originally Posted by Koth View Post
    The first one is the plum of the set. Why couldn't they do the proper R2-M80, unless they changed it for this movie. But it still has the original silver eye?

    Like R2-S8 and R5-PHT, though plain black droids bore me. At least it has some provenance. And a new head sculpt.

    R5-232 has a passable colour scheme that's ok with me. And a new body sculpt.

    I almost feel its ok for Disney to do a 4 pack in the Fall of the other droids seen, like the gonk droid etc.
    Haven't you thought that maybe R2-M80 will be released for Star Wars Day, perhaps in 2-pack with another droid, just like the X2 brothers?

  4. #5304
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroworks View Post
    Haven't you thought that maybe R2-M80 will be released for Star Wars Day, perhaps in 2-pack with another droid, just like the X2 brothers?
    OOOH! Never thought that. That'd be nice. Now you got my hopes up ;P
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

    Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

  5. #5305
    Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/astromechco...45647815521088

    Astroworks hasn't put up the link, so I will haha. Link to the Solo 4 pack unboxed with some front and back images

    I am puzzled by the relative lack of creativity in this set. Orange and Yellow... ok 2 colors. Blue and Green R5 not bad. Black again?

    Love the R2-S8, but even though I'm absolutely going to get the set... I feel the first 2 are kinda boring. The black one has some really nice detailing and a camera on the face so at least there is some newness.
    Sadly that's where we're at today. Almost like pulling teeth to get an Astromech in a movie, let alone one with an interesting paint job!
    So it's not like Hasbro or DBAD has anything to draw from.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

  6. #5306
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Sadly that's where we're at today. Almost like pulling teeth to get an Astromech in a movie, let alone one with an interesting paint job!
    So it's not like Hasbro or DBAD has anything to draw from.
    Yeah, blame the cheapskates at LF for 'fan-filming' astros by hiring whatever the closest builders' club has available. No professional movie makers or art directors needed here!
    See every astromech droid @ http://angelfire.com/droid/astromechs

  7. #5307
    I wish the droid builders recognized we need more unique designs on film, and took a page from TFA's unique method of creating "new" droids by simply using vinyl decals. Shouldn't be too hard for the droid builders to redress some of their more boring designs with some easily removable vinyl pinstripes or additional colored panels. Anything to create a more unique look. The guy who made R2-S8 gets it I think. Lee and those other guys on LFL's payroll need to bring him into the fold as a consultant.

  8. #5308
    I think you're being too hard on these guys. When The Force Awakens came out this was the start of the new franchise, no stock of unique droids available. Most, if not all R2 builders, wanted their favourite droid and so were able to use their own droids for the film. Hence the repeated droids from Ep IV. With limited time and budget they created the R0 and the R6 heads for the X-Wings.

    I think I'm right in saying all the good astros in Rogue One are rendered and not models (Blue Leader, Red Leader, Y-Wing). There's another bad box there waiting to come out. OK, so they tried the head swap, which to my mind was only half successful, but it gave us a wider variety of droids we could create from pre-existing bad parts.

    If you look now at the R2 builders presentations you see a load more variation such as the yellow R2-CK (another favourite) R2-S8 (which has finally made it) and R2-2E (Red/Orange).
    Give the guys a chance. Most of these droids were created as a hobby in their own time and not with LFL money.
    Last edited by Koth; 04-17-2018 at 03:14 AM.
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

    Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

  9. #5309
    Why is a builder's fault to build the droid he/she wants to? If later on Disney/LFL decide to pick that certain droid for a movie, why should anyone blame the builder?

  10. #5310
    ERROR - for R2-CK read R2-CT. That's the Yellow one! tks

    Last edited by Koth; 04-17-2018 at 05:09 AM.
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

    Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

Page 531 of 535 FirstFirst ... 31431481521529530531532533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •