Page 502 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502
Results 5,011 to 5,015 of 5015

Thread: Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    The crazy thing is I never used any masking tape or liquid. The surface is too bumpy and uneven. It's all done free hand.
    If you don't mind me asking, what kind of paint and what type of brushes do you use? I've been flip flopping on whether or not I want to pick up the 3D printed Stovepipe Droid and security droid from holeinthegroundpro. I'm definitely no artist but I want the Stovepipe droid badly enough that I may want to attempt to pick one up and paint it anyway.

With credit to MakingStarWars.net for the link I followed, PCO Group have images on their site of new The Last Jedi toppers, including BB-8 and a FO BB droid. Follow the link to see the whole range, or click the spoiler tag below to check out the BB-9E unit ...

Spoiler:  

Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what kind of paint and what type of brushes do you use? I've been flip flopping on whether or not I want to pick up the 3D printed Stovepipe Droid and security droid from holeinthegroundpro. I'm definitely no artist but I want the Stovepipe droid badly enough that I may want to attempt to pick one up and paint it anyway.
    I'd love to know what paint you use, too, Barf. That's one steady hand, sir!

Just FYI, HoleInTheGround's droids are model-made rather than 3D printed, which is why they don't have the unsightly printing lines that typify so many lower end 3D printed projects. Dude does great work!
    Last edited by ReverendStrone; 08-10-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendStrone View Post
    Thanks, guys. My technique is no secret. I outline it here.
    Last edited by BARF; 08-11-2017 at 08:55 AM.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendStrone View Post

Just FYI, HoleInTheGround's droids are model-made rather than 3D printed, which is why they don't have the unsightly printing lines that typify so many lower end 3D printed projects. Dude does great work!
    Oh, that's even better then! Are they pretty durable? I was worried they would feel super cheap and thin.

Thanks for all the info Barf! I'll look into that sort of paint if I decide to be brave and try to paint up a few of those droids. I don't have any faith in Hasbro ever releasing them in this day and age so I guess if I want them it'll be up to me!

Page 502 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502