Page 501 of 518 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5175

Thread: Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

For those of you who don't venture to the 6" section of the boards; people have been posting some great pics of the new S.H.Figuarts Artoo (pictured here with Bandai kit 3PO). Mine were just delivered to my place in the states, and I'll be picking them up when I go down to visit family next weekend. The wait is gonna be excruciating! Seriously loving the look of SHF Artoo. In a way, it almost looks like an up-scaled version of the G9 mold, but with crisper detail. Maybe that's why I love it so much, heh. Only nitpick (and I always have at least one!) is the little tabs on the side panels. If they bother me too much in-hand, I may try to grind them down a bit with a dremel. The dome though is sheer perfection. I can forgive the mold lines visible in some of the pics since this is a mass-produced, high-end toy. I've learned to accept even more visible seams on the Bandai kit, so I think I'll be okay with these. lol

At least it's thousands of times better than Hasblo's BS6" R2
    Last edited by Astroworks; 08-04-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Last edited by BARF; 08-08-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Those look so amazing, Barf! You really did justice to the unreleased Tatooine trio (Ok, I GUESS R2-A3 has been released...but I don't count that one!). It blows my mind how you're able to paint them so perfectly. I tried painting a figure once and it was a total mess. Had paint bleeding into other colors, visible brush strokes left in the dried paint (along with random bristles that fell out of the cheap brush) and spots where the paint thinned out too much and the original paintjob showed through.

Hope these guys get the BAD eventually!

Bravo, BARF!! You really are tempting me to have you crank out a few 3.75" mechs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    Those look so amazing, Barf! You really did justice to the unreleased Tatooine trio (Ok, I GUESS R2-A3 has been released...but I don't count that one!). It blows my mind how you're able to paint them so perfectly. I tried painting a figure once and it was a total mess. Had paint bleeding into other colors, visible brush strokes left in the dried paint (along with random bristles that fell out of the cheap brush) and spots where the paint thinned out too much and the original paintjob showed through.

Hope these guys get the BAD eventually!
    The crazy thing is I never used any masking tape or liquid. The surface is too bumpy and uneven. It's all done free hand.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate View Post
    Bravo, BARF!! You really are tempting me to have you crank out a few 3.75" mechs for me.
    Thanks, Palps. I hated every minute of it lol. Those little dudes are a royal pain to paint.

And here is a group shot. Just got Figuarts R2 in. Which one is your favorite? Which one is the most accurate?
    Last edited by BARF; 08-09-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Your custom Bandai is, of course
    If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical read-out of this station it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness. . . and exploit it.

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    Which one is your favorite? Which one is the most accurate?
    Hasbro's, of course, what a silly question!!! (now you can all kill me )

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    And here is a group shot. Just got Figuarts R2 in. Which one is your favorite? Which one is the most accurate?
    Without wishing to sound like a total brown nose, your custom Bandai is far and away the best one there. Excellent colours and weathering but nothing too over the top.

Bandai kit will always be best for film accurate proportions. But that SHF is looking so, so nice! Can't wait to get mine this weekend.

Page 501 of 518 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511 ... LastLast