Thread: Thief / burgler of Danish Star Wars collection caught

Thief / burgler of Danish Star Wars collection caught

In this thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1073850/, Mattias mentioned one of the convention organizers had his collection stolen after the convention. The owner (a guy named Per Valgreen) had his collection on display at the convention and after the con, it was stored in his garage, from where is was stolen. Luckily he got most covered by his insurance company.

Now the burglar / thief have been revealed. It was a guy, who is well known in the Danish Star wars community, but not on these boards as far as I know, except for our Swedish friends, who knows him. So Daniel, he's not dead as you expected, but you were right he was involved with some gangsters (probably Hell's Angels). Guess he earned them money and did this to save his own skin. No matter what, his action was totally unacceptable, you just don't break into other peoples homes and still their assets, especially not someone, whom you have known since the mid or late 1990's (Per stated hosting conventions at a gymnasium, where his was working in the late 1990's, "The Rat", who was a teenager back then, often came to those cons). Actually he was called The Rat back then, because of his rodent-like face, that nickname suits him quit well now.

That's got to be embarrasing when they take you to the station & are sitting amoung your fellow arrestees.

"What are you in for?"
    "I held up a bank"
    "I was in a bar fight and curb stomped a guy"
    "I had a stash of firearms in my toolshed"
    "I stole a bunch of star wars toys"
    "WTF? Hope you brought your own lube, you're gonna need it"

This is great news Henrik !!!

Bill
    Buying Rare and Unusual Darth Vader Items; Vintage and New
    Check out The Darth Vader Toy Museum at: www.sithtoys.com

I remember reading that thread Henrik, great to hear the thief was caught! Did any of the items show up at all or did he manage to sell them all?

Thieves always get found out in the end. They all belong in JAIL.
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

This is Great News! Well Done Henrik!

Quote Originally Posted by HWR View Post
    In this thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1073850/, Mattias mentioned one of the convention organizers had his collection stolen after the convention. The owner (a guy named Per Valgreen) had his collection on display at the convention and after the con, it was stored in his garage, from where is was stolen. Luckily he got most covered by his insurance company.

Now the burglar / thief have been revealed. It was a guy, who is well known in the Danish Star wars community, but not on these boards as far as I know, except for our Swedish friends, who knows him. So Daniel, he's not dead as you expected, but you were right he was involved with some gangsters (probably Hell's Angels). Guess he earned them money and did this to save his own skin. No matter what, his action was totally unacceptable, you just don't break into other peoples homes and still their assets, especially not someone, whom you have known since the mid or late 1990's (Per stated hosting conventions at a gymnasium, where his was working in the late 1990's, "The Rat", who was a teenager back then, often came to those cons). Actually he was called The Rat back then, because of his rodent-like face, that nickname suits him quit well now.
    Well good the thief is revealed. But I'm a bit in chock to hear that it's the greek rat who have done it. I got the news some time ago, but I'm still in chock. I have taked to this person realy many times. But it's nice that Per know who have stolen his stuff.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Collecting Star Wars isn't about the green!!!!!!

my collection

The loot was never recovered, but the Hells Angel gangster who has it is now seeking an FX-7 coin to complete his POTF run.

Joe, he was caught, when he tried to sell it. The box had the name of Per's employer, and seems like the potential buyer contacted Per, who contacted the police. I asked if he got his stuff back, but he had already got the insurance money, so the stuff now belongs to the insurance company. Michael, I agree it was a bit choking, that "The Rat" was involved in this, I too have often spoken with him at conventions and as you probably remember, I sold him some MOTU figures at the convention in 2010.

Thanks for the information on the goods Henrik, what kind of sentence will he get for this theft in Denmark?
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_O View Post
    Thanks for the information on the goods Henrik, what kind of sentence will he get for this theft in Denmark?
    You're welcome. Probably not much sentence, we're know to be very mild to criminals here in Denmark, I will let you know, when I get more information.