Page 593 of 593 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593
Results 5,921 to 5,927 of 5927

Thread: GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Quote Originally Posted by DC1376 View Post
    Man, I hate to be Debbie Downer but I wold expect to be disappointed and be pleasantly surprised if they did do them. There are so many lines that haven't been completed. I.e.
    The Band. We have two and we're still waiting for the other three.
    A Ponda Baba bust. That's the major one for me.
    A Momaw Nadon statue to go with the Greedo and Ponda Baba statutes.
    And so on and so on.

Let's just hope there's no punch in the gut with any more lines being incomplete.
    Make them all, and I'll buy them all!
    As a collector, surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experience, but it instills vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Co_Jo_Dai View Post

Please don't forget Hera as well...
    Hera wasn't made either? I assumed she was made. So they seriously only made Ezra/Chopper and Zeb? How embarrassing.

Man, I hate to be Debbie Downer but I wold expect to be disappointed and be pleasantly surprised if they did do them. There are so many lines that haven't been completed. I.e.
    The Band. We have two and we're still waiting for the other three.
    A Ponda Baba bust. That's the major one for me.
    A Momaw Nadon statue to go with the Greedo and Ponda Baba statutes.
    And so on and so on.

Let's just hope there's no punch in the gut with any more lines being incomplete.
    I've been here for the long haul lol, I don't expect an answer or a continuation of these series. Just bringing to light how disappointing GG has been the past 5 or so years. If I was a Rebels collector I'd be pretty pissed off. At least Clone Wars got Obi, Anakin, Ahsoka and Rex from S1/S2, our 4 main heroes along with Cad Bane, Dooku and Pre Vizla.

The most they have going for them is the good selection of PGM gifts (which continues to be pushed later into each year, when they were originally January gifts) and the recent fan vote, but they even screwed that annoucement up.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

It goes back much further than five years. Remember the raffles, the rock tour for the Clone Commanders, the Shadow trooper mini bust selling out with orders having been confirmed? Boy, looking back at all this I don't even know why we are still getting surprised with what goes on. It's all business as usual. We should always expect the unexpected , sit back and let it rain. It is what it is, and not much has changed in all these years other than adding sales tax to every piece we buy directly, and the vending machine toys that are now being produced. I hate criticism as much as I like a good praise. Its unfortunate criticism takes a front row seat more often, not by choice but by actual facts.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-20-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    As a collector, surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experience, but it instills vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    It goes back much further than five years. Remember the raffles, the rock tour for the Clone Commanders, the Shadow trooper mini bust selling out with orders having been confirmed? Boy, looking back at all this I don't even know why we are still getting surprised with what goes on. It's all business as usual. We should always expect the unexpected , sit back and let it rain. It is what it is, and not much has changed in all these years other than adding sales tax to every piece we buy directly, and the vending machine toys that are now being produced. I hate criticism as much as I like a good praise. Its unfortunate criticism takes a front row seat more often, not by choice but by actual facts.
    I say about 5 years because I feel like even with the atrocious handling of the clone commanders (I remember me being so pissed off with this, a huge clone fan) and a few other things during those times (Veers PGM disaster), at least they had consistent products coming out. We don't even have many TFA or Rogue One busts, let alone any products for the TLJ. Not even a tease or a preorder for anything TLJ related! God knows when fans of the Solo movie coming out will get anything from Gentle Giant.

We could sit here and talk forever about all the missed opportunities when it comes to the maquette line, PT and OT busts and statues. Now I have kinda accepted that 1 or 2 decent busts will get released a year, along with the PGM gifts and maybe a collectors gallery statue.

Their OT/PT maquette line with Sandtrooper/Dewback, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Scout Trooper/ewoks were great! Why stop making them?

To be fair, their bounty hunter statue line looks great, so hats off to them for that.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

They bring it upon themselves though, hardly a big deal to take a few minutes to check the poll & let us know the winner but instead they do stupid pointless crap on Facebook & Instagram for high five day..., a pathetic so called day if ever I heard one. I’ve decided I’m not going to continue my PGM membership for the coming year now, not because my doctors tell me I have terminal cancer but because I’ve decided I just have better things to be doing than waiting on GG all the time, they ignore me constantly, send me broken busts they ask me to smash up then refuse to replace them, don’t send us anything out on time & charge a small fortune for the pleasure..., the time has come for me to just appreciate what I have & remove a little stress from my life, they don’t deserve my money so won’t get anymore.

I’ll catch you on Facebook or PM here Julian, it’s always good to have a chat still..., hopefully they’ll sort out the new PGM year at some point soon, if only so I can finally get my Lobot mini-bust. lol
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Noticed, SpecialOpsUnit. I completely agree with both of you guys comments.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-21-2018 at 04:07 AM.

My Feedback

GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Yeah, these problems definitely go back much further than 5 years... I've been here collecting busts since the beginning (I got the ESB Boba Fett bust for $45) and there has been numerous issues/problems along the way. GG has tried to make up for them many times along the way, but they never seem to get in front of the 8 ball and seem to prefer to be behind it...

Unfortunately I don't really care for much of their new offerings outside the mini bust line, so my wallet thanks me, but my heart says it sucks! I don't care at all for the new Gallery Statue line... Just another scale of statues we don't need. I much prefer the original scale and the diorama scale statues and wish they'd go back to making those instead. I'm sure cost of production increases have priced themselves out of the market for those, but that's what I'd like to see.

As many of you have already said, the lack of busts is just pathetic. We're nearly 4 months into the new year and still no PGM gifts from the year before and nothing really on the horizon to look forward to other than the one bust we voted on... and quite frankly, I think they should make every bust on that list (except for one who I never heard of before) It's quite sad, really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bighead5; 04-21-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Page 593 of 593 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593