Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Swedish store displays. New items and a new find!!!

My Swedish store displays. New items and a new find!!!

After many years my Swedish display collection is complete, something I highly doubted would ever happen. The PlayMix displays are so rare it just seemed impossible (2-4 of each is only known to exist). But lately with some research, networking and friendship I've landed the 2 "figural" displays that I missed, Chewbacca and Luke Stormtrooper. I've also got a ROTJ shelf talker made by Playmix for the Swedish market, an item not previously known at all.

Thanks to Todd and Will for input on the shelf talker before I got it, and thanks to Johan Sydling and silent Mike (aka Lurv1) for their contributions over the years.

Here we go:

Chewbacca

Luke Stormtrooper

And my pride and joy, the ROTJ shelf talker:

I've made a limelight some years ago with some more info about the displays, heres the link:
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t963124/

And here are pics of the rest:

Mattias

Congratulations, Mattias. It must feel fantastic to complete the set -- and in doing so, discovering an item you never even knew existed!

Thanks for sharing.
    Hi, my name is Brian.
    My Feedback!
    Plastic Galaxy!

Mattias,
    I love that Vader bust. Does his eyes light up?
    Thanks,
    Matthew (formerly Darth_Steve)
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1063787/

Mattias,

How large are the figural standees, and how were the employed in the stores? They look great and in top shape.

Thanks for sharing!
    "Having Trouble With Your Droid...?"

Mattias, Great to see that some previously unknown items are still out there to be discovered. Congrats on finding them !!

cheers
    Joe

Congrats! Awesome! :applause:

Only got six to go myself! LOL :welcoming:
    Glad I got one of the two shelf talkers...

The display I got have two holes at the top and I think all the others got it as well (at least one hole) so they were simply hanging in the inner ceiling in the stores. The figural displays are about 45 centimeters high I think.

Once again, congrats man!

Congrats to such an really cool find. The POTF Logo Display still looks Killer.

Quote Originally Posted by calevans83 View Post

How large are the figural standees, and how were the employed in the stores? They look great and in top shape.
    Johan is spot on. They are mobile display's hanging from the ceiling, toy stores in Sweden weren't as big as the ones in the US back then. Most of the stores were really small and wall space and floor space for displays and second placements were often difficult. The figural ones have one hole in the top, my Chewbacca is unpunched, thats why it looks like it doesn't have a hole.

Mattias

Really good going Mattias. The Chewbacca is a super sweet piece. Congrats. :-)
    Some where in the Outer Rim Territories...

Great collection Mattias! Love those figural hangers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast