Page 1274 of 1274 FirstFirst ... 274774117412241264127212731274
Results 12,731 to 12,739 of 12739

Thread: UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Couple of thoughts from today...

1) Despite the latest film still riding high in the UK box office, the local Smyths had exactly one shelf width (1.25m.) of stock. Everything from head-height up was just a mask, ski-speeder and blade-builder set lined up against each other.... WWE was about 5 shelves width, Power Rangers got 2 and Transformers 3...

2) TRU are still trying to flog TFA figs at almost full price...

2) may explain that particular store's current woes, but 1) is more interesting.... does this reflect lack of demand or are Smyths limiting the amount of stock they have so they don't get left with it.... Should the figures come out at the time of the film instead of three months earlier...? Are the public at large voting with their wallets regarding the quality vs price issue...?

Oh - is anyone still looking for a 3.75" Black Series Scarrif Trooper? And do you have a ERG from th3 same range trade ;-) ?
    Last edited by macbeath; 01-13-2018 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeath View Post
    Couple of thoughts from today...

1) Despite the latest film still riding high in the UK box office, the local Smyths had exactly one shelf width (1.25m.) of stock. Everything from head-height up was just a mask, ski-speeder and blade-builder set lined up against each other.... WWE was about 5 shelves width, Power Rangers got 2 and Transformers 3...

2) TRU are still trying to flog TFA figs at almost full price...

2) may explain that particular store's current woes, but 1) is more interesting.... does this reflect lack of demand or are Smyths limiting the amount of stock they have so they don't get left with it.... Should the figures come out at the time of the film instead of three months earlier...? Are the public at large voting with their wallets regarding the quality vs price issue...?

Oh - is anyone still looking for a 3.75" Black Series Scarrif Trooper? And do you have a ERG from th3 same range trade ;-) ?
    It's interesting. And it's something I have thought about. TLJ line seems very small and it bought in very small quantity by the big hitters. In the UK, you rarely see much beyond the basic line of figures. We don't even have the 2packs or beast packs in most stores.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Yeah - I had to get the Rathtar set via fri3nds visiting the US... and when my kid got it, we discovered it had the probe droid chip in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    It's interesting. And it's something I have thought about. TLJ line seems very small and it bought in very small quantity by the big hitters. In the UK, you rarely see much beyond the basic line of figures. We don't even have the 2packs or beast packs in most stores.
    As someone with 3 young boys ( 10,5,3) my take on this.....

seems to me there's a few issues all coming together to mean that in my mind, starwars is being sustained mostly by us collectors.

My eldest and his friends, most of them barely play with toys now, so many video games, ipads, they just don't look to buy them that much, and when they do many of them prefer lego. So i think it's a smaller age range these days at which kids now play with action figures and playsets. You're starting to lose them by 10/11.

But - lots of my younger sons friends have all sorts of starwars tshirts and branding ( probably from their Dads ) and are bought into it more - i still believe though, they are not bought into it that much - mainly as there's practically nothing for them to watch that is new.

Rogue One was not a kids movie - and for me that's why we still see the toys sitting there.

But even Force Awakens had Dark moments, and it's the same with Last Jedi. So i think the problem is, it's not reaching the audience that would buy these toys enough..... parents were happier letting kids watch fun adventure things like Phantom Menace, Return of the Jedi, Attack of the Clones. I don't think Rebels has enough of a reach either.....

What i think would be fantastic to reach out to this audience, and also as I'm a fan of animation, is a proper Pixar esque lovely 3D movie - not like that horrendous Clone Wars movie - but kids are all about 3D animation, u could do something amazing as a StarWars Story movie, have it a little more fun /adventurous. Maybe SOLO will capture some of this vibe.

Anyway....just my 2 cents Now new bargains I've spotted recently.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDR_Appo View Post
    I feel let down by Rebels almost everytime I watch it. It’s ‘ok’ to me, but I’ve never fully got behind any of the characters. For Clones, I almost immediately got behind Rex in TCW and thus wanting figures of him and others, but Rebels has never done that for me. I’ve bought rebels figures but never been ‘i NEED this figure!’ I hope we see some more TLJ Black Series announcements at NYTF. A Leia and final battle or even bad weather Luke would be welcome, and some resistance generics would be nice and not too complicated to do since they could re-use parts of previous resistance figures. Perhaps a Finn main outfit and crait resistance trooper pack?
    Still need my R1 crew completing too...
    Totally agree regarding Clone Wars and Rebels. The Clone Wars figure line was excellent.

I hope if TLJ has 3.75 figures they are not on Vintage Cards. I would be really torn as a completest. I just don't view it as canon sadly. I want Yakface, Emperor, Ree Yees, Sgt Doallyn etc on Vintage Cards, not Fin and Rose.
    Love Everton, hate corrupt football.
    my feedback

Quote Originally Posted by b8design View Post
    Totally agree regarding Clone Wars and Rebels. The Clone Wars figure line was excellent.

I hope if TLJ has 3.75 figures they are not on Vintage Cards. I would be really torn as a completest. I just don't view it as canon sadly. I want Yakface, Emperor, Ree Yees, Sgt Doallyn etc on Vintage Cards, not Fin and Rose.

u don't view it as Cannon? is it something similar to what Kevin Smith has been talking about, how people had expectations for Luke and everything and it just .....shattered many of them?

What i would say.....it gets much better, wasn't a fan first showing, but saw it 3rd time the other night, enjoyed it. Not the best, but last 45 mins is brilliant

Man would love a new Yak Face. And Amanaman. And....Rebo Band!! ( original 3 )

Quote Originally Posted by Lurdo View Post
    u don't view it as Cannon? is it something similar to what Kevin Smith has been talking about, how people had expectations for Luke and everything and it just .....shattered many of them?

What i would say.....it gets much better, wasn't a fan first showing, but saw it 3rd time the other night, enjoyed it. Not the best, but last 45 mins is brilliant

Man would love a new Yak Face. And Amanaman. And....Rebo Band!! ( original 3 )
    Nope, I just really disliked it and not just Luke, countless bits left me shaking my head. I have tried watching it again too. I always expected another Phantom Menace at some point. I bought Maul from that film at 1/6. I might buy an Old Luke if they do the end fight costume, though I would alter it slightly to make it my own expanded universe take

Worth pointing out I have never got through Phantom Menace since seeing it in the cinema in 99. I have tried but I just end up skipping chunks.
    The Last Jedi will be the same. So much was wrong :/
    Last edited by b8design; 01-16-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    Love Everton, hate corrupt football.
    my feedback

Picked up my Black Series Executioner Stormtrooper from Tesco today, shipped to store after ordering online - very happy with it for £20 (shame about the 'exclusive to Tesco sticker' on the box)

Thanks to @Strontium for the tip off

Edit to say that I also got my first Star Wars Hot Toys figure today - the Stormtrooper Squad Leader - with the 20% off code from eBay around new year. Absolutely love it and a total bargain price. I'm worried I've opened another collecting can of worms...
    Last edited by Lordpercy; 01-16-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Page 1274 of 1274 FirstFirst ... 274774117412241264127212731274