Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greedo Palitoy QC Cardback?

Question Greedo Palitoy QC Cardback?

I got a card back today. Anyone seen this sticker before?

Close ups:
    http://www.sydling.se/sswc/GreedoQC/bild.JPG
    http://www.sydling.se/sswc/GreedoQC/bild2.JPG

Legit?

Seller had no info, bought them in a cardback lot. There were a few others that I missed out on...

Cheers,
    Johan

Yes mate it is!

It's a palitoy qc sticker- there were some Ewok related qc items on eBay a few weeks back, they had the same sticker on- very cool!! Great find!

Thanks for the reply!

...and damn, that was a sweet thing!

Ok, cool, at least it seems to be legit. Never seen these before.

Yeah it is a nice one- I missed it by a bid

The same guy had another item too- Ewok glider with qc sticker

He bought them from a toy fair in Leicester years ago and didn't really take much notice (confirmed by the Line "I can remove the sticker if needed"!!!!)

I do not want to hijack the thread, but I was just wondering why a U.S. Kenner carded Teebo would have a U.K. QC sticker on it? I'm not doubting that it's real, just wondering about it's history. Anyone have any info?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250905539428...1#ht_500wt_911
    Last edited by Jarrod_Zutton79; 11-10-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    Currently looking for Ewoks Preschool and Plush items including protos, proofs, artwork, etc.
    My Feedback

Congrats Johan! Sweet piece for sure. Cant believe I misses those auctions, the Glider would be an awesome addition to My run. The Teebo was pretty sweet as Will. If anyone has more pictures of those auctions, please email them to me

It's indeed legit QC stickers, it's the first time I see them on carded figs . I've has this QC bilogo ewok for many years:

Mattia

Wow, nice find there Johan! That is a sweet piece as well as the others. That Teebo would have been awesome to add to my Teebo collection. I really need to pay more attention to eBay!
    Currently looking for Rebel Soldier, Nien Nunb, General Madine, Romba & Squid Head prototypes/pre-production items (Figural or Packaging)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod_Zutton79 View Post
    I do not want to hijack the thread, but I was just wondering why a U.S. Kenner carded Teebo would have a U.K. QC sticker on it? I'm not doubting that it's real, just wondering about it's history. Anyone have any info?
    I just want to throw my "it's legit" hat into the ring as well and to shed some light on your question Jarrod, Kevin Spencers Palitoy Sample find (I featured the trilogos here - Palitoy Factory Samples | Trilogo.info) Also had a number of Kenner items included, most notably was a ROTJ Kenner MOC Boba Fett. There were also many Kenner items exported to Europe which is why you still find a lot of Kenner cardbacks mixed in with Palitoy cardbacks from UK childhood collections (also think of Clipper offers on Kenner pieces)

EDIT- Hit post before I had finished lol, Just wanted to say that not only was Kenner stock sent over to be sold in Europe I believe companies like Palitoy were also being sent Kenner product to make sure they kept to certain quality levels, or to have examples of US product at hand. The Fett that turned up in Kevin's find was (if memory serves me well) a great looking figure, maybe Kenner would sometimes make sure their product was seen by other Licensees so they in turn made sure their product was leaving them in the same condition and being produced to the same standard.
    Last edited by Joe_O; 11-11-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

Still had these to illustrate the above point-

Two Kenner figures from Kevin's find. There were literally loads of Kenner stuff, from MOC figures right through to playsets and vehicles (POTF Ewok battle Wagon and Imperial Shuttle come to mind!)
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast