Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Sticker Drama: Is this the same figure? ebay member: robbieoverman

More Sticker Drama: Is this the same figure? ebay member: robbieoverman

Original Auction: Langessports

Live Auction: Robbieoverman

N
    ow...langessports did sell the original one to robbieoverman which as you can see has sticker damage and robbieoverman is now selling an almost identical figure with two stickers in the area the
    original one had damage in..suspicious?

I noticed there is a slight mark on the card in the original auction above the nameplate that doesn't seem to be visible on the one up for sale, however it's a white blob that might have been something to do with the camera or
    perhaps was just a bit of dust..Initially I was 100% sure this was tampered with but perhaps not..more opinions needed

Here are the pictures of both auctions for when the links die..

Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

Geez, no drama here. Open and shut case, nice one Joe.

That being said, Robbieloverman is a member of the super secret Star Wars collectors society so he is allowed to do what ever he wants. :^) (Too soon?)
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive Vintage Podcast:
    Now in its 8th Season and 6th Year WAMPA WAMPA!!!
    (A Chewbacca Collection The Chewseum)

Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    Geez, no drama here. Open and shut case, nice one Joe.

That being said, Robbieloverman is a member of the super secret Star Wars collectors society so he is allowed to do what ever he wants. :^) (Too soon?)
    Hahaha!

Yeah, it looks highly suspicious to me. If you are going to use two stickers to cover some damage, why not just touch up that little spot above the nameplate while you are at it? BUSTED!

The seller just added a new picture. You can clearly see the little white dot on the left bottom border. It seems the same MOC. Good catch Joe. :joyous:

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty007 View Post
    The seller just added a new picture. You can clearly see the little white dot on the left bottom border. It seems the same MOC. Good catch Joe. :joyous:
    You have good eyes Krusty. Case closed indeed.
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

LOL, is the white sticker even a TRU sticker?
    CHEERS!,
    Mike SCARDS22

SCARDS22: Saving beaters from AFA "U HELL", one at a time!

Nice find, my bet is that it wonīt be the last when going down this road. :apologetic:
    Isnīt even the offer looking a bit suspicious?
    A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY ...

Nah he's probably a nice guy and we should all give him the benefit of a the doubt after all, it's probably his first time!

This would support my suggestion that all price stickers should count as damage. By someone saying, "no damage, just price stickers," and "hey, if AFA says they're not damage, what's the big deal? "

My suggestion to have all price stickers instantly be counted as damage, then no matter who put them there this would still be a C7. If found out to be placed to cover damage, then ungradable by current standards, but it still might be acceptable for someone who wants to display it as such, phoney stickers and all.

Is this trying to mislead, yes, if we accept that stickers are somehow not damage!

Good catch...

Trust me when I say this is pretty common guys. The very day after your initial post regarding the other cover-up, I actually had a figure arrive with a sticker cover-up. The seller was gracious enough in the matter and had no qualms over compensating me for it, but that is hardly ever the case. I've actually had 5 in the last year - 3 of which were convincing enough to pass as real. I complained about 4 of them and in 3 of those cases I was told that I was SOL because I'd "altered" the figure and most likely caused the damage with my removal (despite there being absolutely no evidence of litho on the back of the tag). The one that ticked me off the most was a POTF R2 I bought... Even if I believed that the seller hadn't applied the sticker cover-up, it was so obvious that his refusal to concede my complaint was proof enough that he'd done it.
    Trade Feedback Who's the more foolish... the fool or the fool who follows?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast