Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This needs to get sorted out.

This needs to get sorted out.

Originally Posted by oceans11I understand giving this "respected" member of our community the chance to explain. What I don't understand is the desire to keep this behind closed doors. That's the type of problem that came up in the McWilliams debacle. Everything was discussed behind closed doors by on few select members. The proof is there that the sticker was added to cover damage. Sorry if I'm taking a hard line on this, but the member should be outed. I don't care how "respected" he is. We constantly raked Decade Toys/Shaun over the coals in the past for similar actions. Why does this one select member get special treatment? Billyboy got special treatment as he was respected and look how that turned out. Sorry, but I'm kind of tired of people being given a "pass" when they do something wrong because of who they're associated with. Call him out and let him explain to the group. Worst case scenario... he fesses up to bad judgement and admits he messed up.

Don

This is all to often the case around here. Whether you want to admit it or not this place never runs on the majority rule. Which is pathetic. Most of us don't wan't scammers in our midst. If it is good enough for onetofive to be banished with a 19000+ feedback on eBay. Then it is good enough for some of these other guys also. One off scam or not. One time is enough for me. Or are you the sort of people who are okay with it aslong as the one time scam is not with you? If so, that is **** poor. And probably why we keep end up harbouring scammers on here for so long before they are given the boot.

The latest issue has been almost turned into another AFA debate. Deflecting the real issue which is a member MAY have been selling dodgy material on here, before this particular piece came to light. THAT IS THE ISSUE. NOT AFA ARE USELESS. WE ALREADY KNOW THAT! I don't care if AFA have been fooled again. I do care if there is a fox in the hen house.

Edit * I am talking about the attitude in general around here to this sort of thing. There should be NO free passes given IMO. I think the line has to be drawn as to what is exceptable or not, because being okay for some and not others is not the way to operate.
    I am not talking about the he said, she said threads either. I am talking about clear deception, and where there has been the possibilty of fraudlent items sold to the community.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Joshua_A; 10-08-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: To clarify things.

The ideal is innocent until proven guilty. The reality is guilty until proven innocent. IMHO, I'm not opposed to an issue being kept behind the scenes a bit to allow proper explanation. Failing any quick and reasonable solution, an outing would be prudent. You don't want legitimate shady practices to continue. Reputations are quickly and easily tarnished, not so easily regained. Innocent or not, the issue remains with you a long long time. In this particular issue, I don't know what the hold up is, especially as its very clear to some who the seller is. Also, this should probably be moved to the watch out section.
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

So, I'm not sure if I'm only speaking for myself, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Could you at least post a link to the original thread so that we can sleuth out the names if they are not written here?

Reading it here in the new format I thought that you were talking about Don!

Skye
    Who would eat his hat before he ever thought that Don would do something shady
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive Vintage Podcast:
    Now in its 8th Season and 6th Year WAMPA WAMPA!!!
    (A Chewbacca Collection The Chewseum)

Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    So, I'm not sure if I'm only speaking for myself, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Could you at least post a link to the original thread so that we can sleuth out the names if they are not written here?

Reading it here in the new format I thought that you were talking about Don!

Skye
    Who would eat his hat before he ever thought that Don would do something shady
    Check out the thread over in the"Watch Out" section, Skye. Major drama!*http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072934/
    Last edited by BruceW; 10-08-2011 at 07:07 PM.

I am not just talking about that particular situation here I am talking about the attitude in general to this sort of thing.

*Edited my first post to clarify what I was getting at here.
    Last edited by Joshua_A; 10-08-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks Bruce, that clears some things up.

Now, to address Joshua's original post. I agree completely, AFA is totally stupid.

Oh, wait, that is not what you meant? :^)

Seriously though, there should be no free passes. That being said, if a respected member is suspected of doing something wrong he/she should be given all possible opportunities to make it right. If he explains himself, he should be trusted more than someone who does not have a good rep.

If he is proven wrong, he should be tarred, feathered and crucified just like any other scumbag.
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive Vintage Podcast:
    Now in its 8th Season and 6th Year WAMPA WAMPA!!!
    (A Chewbacca Collection The Chewseum)

I see they've outed the member over on the other thread. I'm awaiting the explanation on this.

Don
    who finds it amusing that when I'm quoted I can see all my typos and grammer errors :confusion:
    Last edited by oceans11; 10-08-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    Always looking for stormtrooper items-bootlegs, pre production, moc, foreign, etc
    "In any other town they'd be the bad guys..."

Never confuse movement with action.
    ~ Ernest Hemingway ~

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by oceans11 View Post
    when I'm quoted I can see all my typos and grammer errors :confusion:
    Like that one? :glee:

Ian

PS. Just joking Don....
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

Out of curiosity, where did he get the price tag from to do this? I've read that folks think it is a modern price tag, so did he just happen to have a pricing gun or something?

Either way, I think it's not cool to deliberately do something like that. Even if he was allegedly trying to "put one past AFA," it's still dishonest and wrong. I don't want to completely pass judgment until we hear his side of things, but I really can't see any legitimate justification to do this. If you do this, why wouldn't you have resealed bubbles, or touched up paint, or touched up cards with markers, or any of the other unscrupulous practices that are unfortunately commonplace in vintage collecting now.

I hope there is some unforeseen circumstance that explains this, but I'm not counting on it.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast