Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Read : New Edit Rules

Please Read : New Edit Rules

As quite a few of you have noticed, since moving to the new forum you have been unable to edit your old posts. We have instituted some changes to the way editing works so please note the following :
    • If you make a new thread in a forum designated as being for classified ads or limelighting, then the first post (and only the first post) in that thread will remain editable indefinitely.
    • If you make a post in any other forum, it will remain editable for 2 days to enable you to correct errors.
    Hopefully this clarifies the situation. If you have a post that you feel should be in a classified or limelighting forum but isn't please let a mod know and we will move it to the appropriate forum.

Thanks

Grahame
    Maybe I'm an Admin still? Who knows!

I'm sorry but doesn't that just seem more complicated and unnecessary? I mean I have to reformat my collection topic since the forum transition killed the ">" characters.

Why does there need to a length of time before we can't edit it anymore?

I'm really sorry but this seems pointless and will only cause issues. I don't catch mistakes within two days always. We should have to right to edit our own posts when ever we desire to.

Example:
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?1066489-GarvenDreis-Feedback-Booth

Thread Title is forever errored with the apostrophe error.
    Last edited by GarvenDreis; 09-17-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Rest in Peace Drewe Henley.
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! - J
    oin the Cantina Crazies Collector's Group!

Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post
    I'm sorry but doesn't that just seem more complicated and unnecessary? I mean I have to reformat my collection topic since the forum transition killed the ">" characters.

Why does there need to a length of time before we can't edit it anymore?

I'm really sorry but this seems pointless and will only cause issues. I don't catch mistakes within two days always. We should have to right to edit our own posts when ever we desire to.
    Sorry you disagree. We have discussed it and this is what we've decided. Please don't get started on what you think you should have "rights" to do here. Discussions like that only end in disaster when it comes to the internet.

Let's not get started down this path. But seriously, I guess I don't see a valid reason to do this. Things were good before and I could fix my grammar and formatting errors in the event that the forum switched boards or malfunctioned. Well I guess free post editing in a luxury now... Fine, do as you wish.

While I don't think this will cause many issues through out the forums, I do see one other section that could use the unlimited edit, the limelight sections. I know many have collection threads in vintage and have everything posted in the first post. As new additions are made to the collection they edit the first post instead of adding another post at the bottom, it keeps everything neater and all together. Now there will be pictures posted through out the thread. Any chance this can be addressed?

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Ritter View Post
    While I don't think this will cause many issues through out the forums, I do see one other section that could use the unlimited edit, the limelight sections. I know many have collection threads in vintage and have everything posted in the first post. As new additions are made to the collection they edit the first post instead of adding another post at the bottom, it keeps everything neater and all together. Now there will be pictures posted through out the thread. Any chance this can be addressed?

Mike
    Mike, I was thinking the exact same thing. Hopefully we can see a change made for the limelight section. Great suggestion!
    Currently looking for Ewoks Preschool and Plush items including protos, proofs, artwork, etc.
    My Feedback

Agreed, edits are now allowed in the first post of limelighting threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
    Agreed, edits are now allowed in the first post of limelighting threads.
    Thank you, however at some time I will want to removed the WIP from my Lime lighting Thread title and I cannot do that with the current edit settings.

Also I think the ability to edit Classifieds Thread Titles would be an asset as well.

Hi Grahame, when trying to edit the title of a thread I'm going into advanced edit and making the changes - no probs - the changes to the title appear within the posts of the thread okay, but the original title remains unchanged within the section the thread lies in. Is this a glitch or a lag? I've tried twice today to alter the title to no effect. Cheers, Paul.
    imperialgunnery.com The latest on Repro and Original SW action figure accessories!

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org Recognise these toys? Cool toy ads from the 1970s and 80s!

it would be nice if we could at least know why
    There has been an awakening...have you felt it?
    Feedback

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast