Page 959 of 1069 FirstFirst ... 45985990994995795895996096196910091059 ... LastLast
Results 9,581 to 9,590 of 10687

Thread: The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

I'm curious how many figures will be produced per wave - 3-4 seems to be the standard number for the Walmart series, new or otherwise, but that seems a little low for this?

I feel like with six, you could get 3-4 slots for major characters and two for backgrounders - let's use a wave from Walmart as an example. We all know these aren't new figures, but pretend for a second that they are. (I'm just doing this to minimize arguing choices vs. concept.)
    - Rey
    - Finn
    - Stormtrooper
    - Kylo Ren

Boom, you've got four major characters with general appeal that collectors will buy (if they're new) and some casual fans may buy. Now you've got two slots left? Go full collector, of course.
    - Yak Face
    - Sim Aloo

Maybe switch one of the four for another ROTJ character to make it even, whatever, but you get the gist of it. If Hasbro gives us six figures per wave (or more?) instead of four, I think we can hope to see more than one collector-focused character per wave, and there'd be hope to see some obscure characters. I'm not so hopeful if there's only four slots a wave though. That would suck.

All that said, my line of thinking is Hasbro had no reason to bring back the Vintage Collection as a general release except to appeal specifically to adult collectors, so I'm confident they should throw us a few bones.

Quote Originally Posted by War_in_The_floor View Post
    So we have the Ponda Baba wave coming then the TLJ wave, as boneheaded as the distro is on the Wal Mart TBS, there is no way they get any more than those two out effectively before the switch over to TVC 2
    Maybe they will just combine the Ponda Wave and any TLJ figures together into one case and release them that way. It would probably be best to do it that way because then they'd only have 1 case/wave to get on the shelves as of September.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by wedgeswingman View Post
    One unfortunate thing about getting new movies is that it's axed any chance of keeping background figures viable. Just think of how many background and minor characters have been added to the Star Wars panoply with just TFA and RO. Times that by TLJ and HS, plus 9 and whatever the third spin off is, not to mention Rebels and comics. We're going to be up to our eyeballs in potential figure wants, and unless they crank things into high gear we can kiss a lot of our favorite wanted figures goodbye.
    Actually, I think OT backgrounders will now have a better chance. First off, Hasbro knows there are still some like Yakface that people want and TVC cards go perfectly with anything from the OT. Secondly, Hasbro has so many new main characters that they can release, that they can also make some backgrounders. Also, I think certain backgrounders that were made for TFA like Zuvio, probably won't stand much of a chance in the TVC line in 2018. If the line goes on for a few years, then maybe they'll get to some of those.

I really hope that Hasbro views the TVC line as a collector line and they make the case packs accordingly.

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    Precisely!

I still can't believe that the ROTJ Emperor didn't get voted in to the top 6 figures. How on earth do people NOT want him to complete their collection!? He is ESSENTIAL. Give us a throne too, HAS....
    to complete what collection? He's already in my collection. Don't forget SW collecting is very personal.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

This is always where it becomes difficult for Hasbro. Some want a better version, others are happy with what they have. What to do, what to do??

I think the Emperor could use an update, but I also know that I probably have enough parts to make that update myself. If he gets made, then I'll get him, if not, I'll probably be happy with what takes that slot.

When it comes to voting, you're better off voting the most obscure characters you can think of. There's no chance they won't get around to an Emperor Palpatine figure eventually (the ideal release would be with his throne so not a carded figure anyway).
    Last edited by Internets; 04-21-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    When it comes to voting, you're better off voting the most obscure characters you can think of. There's no chance they won't get around to an Emperor Palpatine figure eventually (the ideal release would be with his throne so not a carded figure anyway).

There is something to your tactic and we've seen how that works in many fan polls. Mains have a much better chance of getting made than the obscure characters, so that is something to consider.

I think the reason some are pushing the Emperor is because Hasbro still hasn't made a really good SA 3.75" OT Emperor, so they don't want to take any chances at this point.

To be honest, I think Hasbro is taking notes at every fan site and making a rather large list of characters, even those that didn't make each site's top 6. They may have a number of these figures already planned, so they can make a lot of people happy by making more than just the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by VornJithco View Post
    Given the 40th anniversary of "Star Wars" and the original Kenner line is here, I do hope an emphasis is given to the first 12 (some can be straight out reissued.. Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Jawa, R2-D2 and 2008's Ben Kenobi,... I can live with Han Solo, C-3PO & Stormtrooper being reissued as well... hoping new versions of Princess Leia & Luke Skywalker are in the works and the Tusken Raider gets an modified upgrade (new arms)... as to the Death Squad Commander getting a paint change and a corded headset...the forthcoming 6' inch isn't getting that change so it's not gonna happen for this either.. but perhaps the original name and teal colored card comes back.
    Great shout! I would really love to see them do this. I wouldnt even mind repacks for all of them, I would just love them on Vintage ANH cards.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

I hope they start at 116 .No repacks just new figures.

I am hoping they start off at 116 with no repacks and plenty of old characters especially from a new hope .

Page 959 of 1069 FirstFirst ... 45985990994995795895996096196910091059 ... LastLast