Page 954 of 954 FirstFirst ... 454854904944952953954
Results 9,531 to 9,540 of 9540

Thread: The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

I'm all about the hyper-realistic vehicles that TVC gave us, but my god, it's 2017, how about putting some electronics in there already!? I'm sure glowing engines and some awesome blaster sounds would keep collectors buying the same vehicles we already have. I'd certainly love to have the previous "static" vehicles alongside one that had the bells and whistles, literally. If they can fit AWESOME electronics into a Nerf gun, they can certainly do it for a ship.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    I'm all about the hyper-realistic vehicles that TVC gave us, but my god, it's 2017, how about putting some electronics in there already!? I'm sure glowing engines and some awesome blaster sounds would keep collectors buying the same vehicles we already have. I'd certainly love to have the previous "static" vehicles alongside one that had the bells and whistles, literally. If they can fit AWESOME electronics into a Nerf gun, they can certainly do it for a ship.

That's one feature of the ROGUE ONE AT-ACT that I think was a good idea. You can control the vehicle from your smartphone, and that was a tremendous step forward in integrating electronics.

I can't vouch for how well it worked, or how well the AT-ACT walks. And I didn't care for the Nerf features. But conceptually I think Hasbro is onto something by making an app for smartphones that interfaces with the vehicle.

As for lights? There's no excuse there. LED's are so cheap and common that I'm surprised we don't see them in a vast number of toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    I think if they made certain vehicles available, it could work. Luke's landspeeder, the Taun, the CC, the snowspeeder are all small enough that they wouldn't take up too much space. Also, a new Vader's TIE would have to be a hit with retail because Vader always sells.
    This would definitely be the way to get some repacked vehicles out. I'd be all over a snowspeeder and cloud car.

I got the Gungan warrior today from Amazon. And it was mint on card with the peg piece still attached to the card.

Then I ripped it open. :{P

It's a great figure too. It's going to make a great Gungan spacer custom.

The only part Hasbro could have done better was giving him a torso joint. And a plasma ball and sling could have been included. And a shield now that I think about it.

I am going to have to modify the waist belt to allow him to sit properly. Still a great figure though. :{D

I have to go on record and say I am delighted that Vintage cards are coming back.

That said, I really would love them to do the logos right on the cards. If you take a look at this Rey card, the film title logo is poor. It's like what did with the PT figures last time around. I wish they would use the actual logo/font for the films. They could still incorporate this into the "racetrack" but the way they use this terrible title look sloppy. Of course it all started with ESB back then. It would be amazing to use the real logo/title. I mean look how classic and amazing the ANH figures look. That's cos they use the actual logo and haven't messed about with it. But they aren't going to, and I don't get why really. Failing that I would even prefer them to just use the classic ANH logo, and just have it say Star Wars.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

After selling off my SA collection last year (and instantly regretting it), I've been rebuilding. The announcement of TVC return pushed me back into collecting. That said, I've been hesitant on buying some of the most current versions of figures, I.e. Saga Momaw, OTC Lobot, Saga DS gunner, etc for fear of newer versions being produced thus wasting my money. I'd be curious to see what the collective thinks in regard to Hasbro updating backgrounders with all of these new movies and unproduced potential.

I think any figure that was already tooled up back in 2012-2013, has a good chance of coming out in the TVC line. I'm not sure how many updates they'll do, though. There were rumors about Yakface, Hammerhead, Lobot, and the DS Gunner back then, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them. I think that Hasbro will concentrate on a lot of newer stuff, but still throw us a few bones when it comes to older stuff.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" SA/TBS line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

M<MMMM SA Hammer head/ Momaw Nadon. I swear that sounds like a Cajun grandma.
    Dea wanna wanga

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_A View Post
    After selling off my SA collection last year (and instantly regretting it), I've been rebuilding. The announcement of TVC return pushed me back into collecting. That said, I've been hesitant on buying some of the most current versions of figures, I.e. Saga Momaw, OTC Lobot, Saga DS gunner, etc for fear of newer versions being produced thus wasting my money. I'd be curious to see what the collective thinks in regard to Hasbro updating backgrounders with all of these new movies and unproduced potential.

2018 is anyone's guess really...

When you take into consideration that we will have 4 extra movies for these Vintage cards either out or coming out by 2018, it's tough to say whether we should expect any PT stuff at all. Disney seems to have moved quite far away from that. I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for a ton of non-main character OT either, but is it possible to see Lobot, Momaw Nadon or others like that? Yes. Is it likely in my opinion? No... and I'll tell you why:

Not counting the PT (no offense to the PT lovers), there are the following Card Backs:

Rogue One / A New Hope / The Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi / The Force Awakens / The Last Jedi / Han Solo.... comes out in May of 2018

Since many of the Main Characters have not been on Vintage Cards since 2004, we can expect several of these to exist as either straight up repacks or slight retools/repaints. We're talking ANH Princess Leia, ESB Lando, ANH Ben Kenobi, and ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TFA, TLJ, or HS Chewbacca.

It is also a forgone conclusion that the MAIN main characters like Luke, Vader, Boba Fett, Han Solo, Stormtrooper, and Yoda will likely be out again also in some form... AND it's HIGHLY likely that we'll see most of the main characters like Rey, Finn, Kylo, First Order Stormtrooper, Jyn, Cassian, K-2SO, Death Trooper, Scarif Trooper, Luke (TFA/TLJ), etc. on really nice new movie cards and people will go nuts for them even though most of these were out in the Black Series in Walmart the last couple years (and still are in most cases).

Add in some repacks of high selling figures that either haven't been out in awhile or were out but not on the classic Vintage Cards like IG-88, Snowtrooper Commander, Jawas, General Greivous, Emperor, and the obligatory Darth Maul, ROTS Anakin and Obi Wan.

And mix in a few Clone Wars/Rebels/EU figures somewhere and you end up with a few slots where newness can take place, but where will they go? Momaw Nadon would be more likely than some because of his status as an original Vintage Figure, but they have SOOOO many figures to look at. There are multiple hundreds of characters that have not gotten a modern figure or a figure at all... let alone a figure on a Vintage Card. Take Mosep for example. He finally got a figure 35 years after his movie came out and it was on a rather boring Black Series card. Will they do him in Vintage? Highly unlikely, but he's just one example.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    2018 is anyone's guess really...

When you take into consideration that we will have 4 extra movies for these Vintage cards either out or coming out by 2018, it's tough to say whether we should expect any PT stuff at all. Disney seems to have moved quite far away from that. I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for a ton of non-main character OT either, but is it possible to see Lobot, Momaw Nadon or others like that? Yes. Is it likely in my opinion? No... and I'll tell you why:

Not counting the PT (no offense to the PT lovers), there are the following Card Backs:

Rogue One / A New Hope / The Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi / The Force Awakens / The Last Jedi / Han Solo.... comes out in May of 2018

Since many of the Main Characters have not been on Vintage Cards since 2004, we can expect several of these to exist as either straight up repacks or slight retools/repaints. We're talking ANH Princess Leia, ESB Lando, ANH Ben Kenobi, and ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TFA, TLJ, or HS Chewbacca.

It is also a forgone conclusion that the MAIN main characters like Luke, Vader, Boba Fett, Han Solo, Stormtrooper, and Yoda will likely be out again also in some form... AND it's HIGHLY likely that we'll see most of the main characters like Rey, Finn, Kylo, First Order Stormtrooper, Jyn, Cassian, K-2SO, Death Trooper, Scarif Trooper, Luke (TFA/TLJ), etc. on really nice new movie cards and people will go nuts for them even though most of these were out in the Black Series in Walmart the last couple years (and still are in most cases).

Add in some repacks of high selling figures that either haven't been out in awhile or were out but not on the classic Vintage Cards like IG-88, Snowtrooper Commander, Jawas, General Greivous, Emperor, and the obligatory Darth Maul, ROTS Anakin and Obi Wan.

And mix in a few Clone Wars/Rebels/EU figures somewhere and you end up with a few slots where newness can take place, but where will they go? Momaw Nadon would be more likely than some because of his status as an original Vintage Figure, but they have SOOOO many figures to look at. There are multiple hundreds of characters that have not gotten a modern figure or a figure at all... let alone a figure on a Vintage Card. Take Mosep for example. He finally got a figure 35 years after his movie came out and it was on a rather boring Black Series card. Will they do him in Vintage? Highly unlikely, but he's just one example.

It's all guesswork. But I keep saying that an educated guess suggests we won't get many backgrounders.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Page 954 of 954 FirstFirst ... 454854904944952953954