Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: General Veers Mini-Bust

Weird , never seen that before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the GG promo pieces I've owned actually said PROMO / XXX.
    TRDNiteLife's Feedback - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102162/

Quote Originally Posted by yoda_knows_all View Post
    I have a general Veers PGM with no number on the coa, box or, the bottom of the mini bust. Is this a Promo? Thanks

I have three promo mini busts: Blackhole Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper, and Commander Neyo. All three show the word PROMO on the COA and under the base. I can't confirm on their boxes because those are put away in my attic. Your sample could be a Promo , but it may not be one as well. The fact the numbers are missing in all three places may be attributed to three main reasons:

- Someone forgot to add the numbers and sticker at the factory
    - Someone purposely peeled off the sticker and erase the numbers to sell it at a higher price as "rare" or "promo"
    - It's a promo.

I'm curious to know what source you used to acquire it:

- Was it a reliable retailer you can trust?
    - Did you get it from someone on Ebay or other secondary market venue?

Let's think for a second someone messed around with the numbers. Although the ink on the COA cards can be erased with ease due to their glossy finish, look to see if you can spot a slight indentation on its surface left by the pressure of the pen when writing the number, as well as some type of discoloration under the base where the number should have been. Also look for any slight residue of glue under the box where usually the sticker with the edition number is placed. That being said, I think this is just a case of forgetfulness at the factory, a QC overlook. It is a very hard to find piece as everyone will tell you, thus congratulations on having one.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-20-2017 at 12:29 AM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback , Movie Realization Visual Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    I have three promo mini busts: Blackhole Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper, and Commander Neyo. All three show the word PROMO on the COA and under the base. I can't confirm on their boxes because those are put away in my attic. Your sample could be a Promo , but it may not be one as well. The fact the numbers are missing in all three places may be attributed to three main reasons:

- Someone forgot to add the numbers and sticker at the factory
    - Someone purposely peeled off the sticker and erase the numbers to sell it at a higher price as "rare" or "promo"
    - It's a promo.

I'm curious to know what source you used to acquire it:

- Was it a reliable retailer you can trust?
    - Did you get it from someone on Ebay or other secondary market venue?

Let's think for a second someone messed around with the numbers. Although the ink on the COA cards can be erased with ease due to their glossy finish, look to see if you can spot a slight indentation on its surface left by the pressure of the pen when writing the number, as well as some type of discoloration under the base where the number should have been. Also look for any slight residue of glue under the box where usually the sticker with the edition number is placed. That being said, I think this is just a case of forgetfulness at the factory, a QC overlook. It is a very hard to find piece as everyone will tell you, thus congratulations on having one.
    Or it is a "replacement bust".Like Sideshow,if you must destroy your damaged numbered collectible,you send in your photos from the destroyed collectible,and got another one (and now they can give a other "replacement bust" this number again).And on this bust,they forgot the number.Only a theory.

btw. still one of my favorite busts!!!
    Last edited by catch; 05-20-2017 at 02:03 AM.
    New displays and presentation ideas..........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/591843260969622/

Quote Originally Posted by catch View Post
    Or it is a "replacement bust".Like Sideshow,if you must destroy your damaged numbered collectible,you send in your photos from the destroyed collectible,and got another one (and now they can give a other "replacement bust" this number again).And on this bust,they forgot the number.Only a theory.

btw. still one of my favorite busts!!!
    That's a possibility too. However, I don't know if GG operates the same way as SS with their replacements. From what I've understood I think GG gets an extra amount of numbered mini busts for replacements. I've had busts replaced in the past, and the replacements all came with a number or a "promo" written on them. I was never asked to destroyed the broken ones, but actually to have them sent back to them. Who knows?! We are just theorizing here, and anything is possible. We need Mr. Monk and Sherlock Holmes to solve: "The case of the missing number"
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

The mini bust in question was purchased five years ago direct from GG. The coa has no number indentation a true tale sign that it has not been erased as well as the bottom of the mini bust has absolutely no eraser mark and on the bottom of the box there is no sign of stickiness or residue that there even was an Edition sticker.
    Last edited by yoda_knows_all; 05-20-2017 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yoda_knows_all View Post
    The mini bust in question was purchased five years ago direct from GG. The coa has no number indentation a true tale sign that it has not been erased as well as the bottom of the mini bust has absolutely no eraser mark and on the bottom of the box there is no sign of stickiness or residue that there even was an Edition sticker.
    Then, that changes everything. Since you got it directly from GG, most likely it is a promo piece, not numbered. If you are truly interested in knowing why there's no edition number on it, I would recommend you to post your question in the Q & A section, and maybe you'll get an answer directly from the horse's mouth, through Daniel. Personally I'm curious to know why it has no number. Good luck on your quest!

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869