Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boba Fisher Collection Auction?

Boba Fisher Collection Auction?

This guy just got banned for posting in the upgrade section, looks at first glance like a spam post -

Quote Originally Posted by PCC
    POP! Culture Connection, A vintage modern culture shop will be auctioning off the massive collection of Robert Fisher "BOB A". It was once considered the 2nd largest in the country. I will be posting pics but am new at these forums. Like us on Facebook for updates.
    But it appears it could well be true, here is the facebook page - POP!Culture connection facebook

And here are pictures of what could well be Boba Fisher's collection - Auction pictures

A little bit sad to see it all being sold off and broken up but it's amazing to see just how much he had and perhaps people who were inspired by his collection or remember him from years back as a prominent collector will get the chance to own a piece of his collection.

MODS- would it be an idea to unban the user PCC? I know full on promoting sales is not on but perhaps if they were on the forum and instructed of the rules they could instead answer questions etc if anyone had any about the collection or the reasons behind its sale? Just a thought as it is probably of some interest to the Vintage crowd a bit more than most.

**Edit** Some links over the years that might be useful for those who haven't heard of Mr Fisher.

POTF Coin Frame - SWCA

Ewoks & Droids Coin Frame - SWCA

Youtube Video- Collection of Bob "Boba" Fisher
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

Re: Boba Fisher Collection Auction?

must say i only took a glimps at it and will take some more time to look at (and read) everything.
    But if i look at the picture with the 4 vintage boba Fetts called sealed examples, i must say: i think they are all 4 recards.

Now i have to get back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargeezer
    must say i only took a glimps at it and will take some more time to look at (and read) everything.
    But if i look at the picture with the 4 vintage boba Fetts called sealed examples, i must say: i think they are all 4 recards.

Now i have to get back to work.
    I thought the same apart from perhaps the Droids one, now this brings up another important part of the hobby, what happens to your stuff after you pass, especially if you have customs/questionable pieces within your large collection.

I think it would be good to have that PCC guy back on here for such reasons, they may be a collectables shop but might not have the greatest Star Wars knowledge and if the members here can help them out a little so nne gets stung when these items are sold on it would only be a good thing.
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

I was looking at the Fetts myself, the POTF one is deffinately a custom (look at the picture) which would almost question the others. I don't live far from there and am thinking of checking this place out.
    Steven A. Weimer

"Only a bootleg collector would be happy with a 1 armed prune face that looks like it has passed through the family pet " - Joshua_A

I think the general consensus is that Bob sold off the bulk of his collection a few years ago and his son has been selling some since he passed. I'm really not sure how much is left of the collection at all, especially the vintage stuff. It'll be interesting to see what comes of all this...
    Shane Turgeon
    Author: The Force in the Flesh
    www.theforceintheflesh.com
    www.tattoosandtoys.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rebojazz
    I was looking at the Fetts myself, the POTF one is deffinately a custom (look at the picture) which would almost question the others. I don't live far from there and am thinking of checking this place out.
    The Droids one seems to have rounded corners instead of square, and I'm guessing that the 48 is a revenge custom. The 21 back colours seem off.

-Mike
    www.kennercanada.com
    ===================================
    Figure & Vehicle of the Week Master List

High Admiral

•    

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_O
    ...important part of the hobby, what happens to your stuff after you pass, especially if you have customs/questionable pieces within your large collection.

Two things....

I dont want my wife to think she's sitting on a gold mine. Im really clear that this stuff really isnt worth much. Secondly, i dont buy reseals, customs or repros, period, simply because when this lot gets sold and im not around to point out what things are worth, the item is going to have to speak for itself at an auction.

Same here. I have told my hubby and son that there is no way you could ever sell my stuff and even get what I paid for it, but there would be some money made. No way would there ever be a profit. I do it for fun
    CO - The Jedi Assembly - Jedi Costuming Group
    www.thejediassembly.com
    Feedback Thread - Click Here

I tell my wife that it'll be our retirement one day. But she hasn't fallen for it yet.
    Thanks,
    Matthew (formerly Darth_Steve)
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1063787/

Hey all,

The auction is legit and the guy who posted is a friend of mine. He's a newbie when it comes to forums and got really confused. LOL! There are some custom carded figs(like that POTF Fett) mixed in, but they will be CLEARLY labeled as such and not passed off as something that they clearly aren't.

There is a LARGE amount of items and I will be heading there sometime soon to help catalog and sort through the MASSIVE collection that belonged to Bob. There's a good amount of modern items too and a large assortment of vintage oddities.

I know some people have reservations about this, but Bob's son wanted other fellow collectors to have a chance at these items and not have them locked away where they wouldn't be enjoyed, or sold in one shot to a large online retailer. I will be taking pics of the rooms and posting them here in the Limelight section to honor Bob and show everyone just how much he loved the hobby and his passion for SW in general. I look forward to showing you guys some great pics and I hope people think about coming to PA for this historic auction.

James
    Star Wars stuff is a horrible investment. Star Wars fans are always broke because all they buy is Ramen noodles, peanut butter and Kenny Baker autographs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast