Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorgoulias
I'm so glad I decided to hop on a plane and take part in such a historic event. Boba was one of the last of the old-school collectors that still had a collection. His contemporaries like Ray Rutyna, Walt Steuben, Steve Denny, and Mitch Mitchell sold out years ago. I think Steve Sansweet is the only one left that I know of in that similar age bracket. Duncan Jenkins has a collection like you wouldn't believe, but since he's from my generation I never equate it to the other guys and I should because it dates back as far.

I thought Bob's personal photos and correspondence were uniquely interesting and won several nice piece including his handwritten inventory book. Bob was quite meticulous and definitely OCD because the detail and presentation in there is astonishing.

It was great seeing old friends as well as meeting new faces. Lots of vintage scummers there as well representing PA, Ohio, and DC just to name a few clubs.

I think we all ended up with cool stuff we didn't expect to see and everyone seemed to be having a great time during the entire two days. Everything was literally sold out by the time it was over and while it was mostly modern product (by volume) there was still quite a bit of vintage memorabilia to check out. A collection of that caliber grows over decades and it's always interesting to see what trinkets are hidden in the boxes and various lots.

I loved how informal and laid back the auction was and there were definitely some good deals on things. Modern items sold briskly and for decent money which was indeed shocking. It was also incredibly boring to have to sit through so much ceramic, Galactic Heroes, and Target exclusives though (to name a few).

We all had a fantastic time for sure!

Congrats Troy on getting that Yak for your collection and thanks again for hooking me up!

James, congrats on all of the great scores you made too.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Had a great time and seeing everyone from OH, PA, DC and the out of towners in the same room just got me hyped up for CVI next year.

I picked up some great pieces that I will cherish knowing that they came from one of the greatest collectors I could ever have the pleasure of talking SW with for years.

Congrats to Troy and the OSWCC crew for your great additions, Cable and the PSWCS guys for the pics and talks, and Chris, Ross and the OOT guys for getting Bob's scrapbooks for the archives.