Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast

Thread: ROTJ History: Gerald Home's Creature Info.

Gerald,

I saw your video in French, and your Semi
    Spanish interview (interview in Mexico). I love them
    both. I'm impressed by your foreign language skills.
    I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you at any convention this year.
    But, I have high hopes for 2018 or maybe you will be at
    Star Wars Celebration in 2019.
    I started a thread to find the actors who played the rebels
    in the final scene of Rogue One (the ones killed by Vader). Any
    help there would be appreciated.
    Thanks for all you do Gerald. I truly appriciate you.

Hi Wuicho,

Thanks very much for the compliment. I love languages and used to be fluent in French, Spanish and German - but that was over 40 years ago, when I studied them at university. Since then, I've forgotten a lot of grammar, verbs and vocabulary. You need to speak languages to keep them alive, and I don't speak them often. I do "homework" before I go to countries where I know the language, and I'm currently working hard on my French for this weekend's event in France.

Come to think of it, I wonder what language(s) Quarren and Mon Cals speak?! And, as they come from the same homeworld, do they speak the same language?! Do they even speak at all?!

I doubt very much whether I'll ever be at another Celebration, but you never know. It would be nice, as I'd get to meet so many of you in the one place. Florida remains top of my wish list of places to go to in America. I've come close to going to cons there twice, but nothing eventuated. Let's hope you and I will meet there one day - and Michael Para too, if you're still living there.

I just watched the final scene in Rogue One, which you're asking about here. I can't help you with names, but I can remind you what I keep saying in this thread: people in Star Wars films are often not actors, or performers, but extras. Looking at that final scene, I'd say it's a mixture of actors and extras, though I can't be sure about that as I wasn't there. Why does it matter? Simply because if you're trying to track people down and/or identify who is inside the costumes, it will help you if you know whether to look for them in actors' agencies or extras' agencies. I hope your fellow (Rebel)scummers can help you.

All the best.

Gerald
    Gerald Home
    Tessek-Squid Head & Mon Calamari Officer in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
    http://www.GeraldHome.com/

Funny...my son is now taking French in Middle School because my daughter takes it as well. Their plan is to plot against us as we won't be able to understand them! If you need brushing up, maybe you can join in the nefarious plots!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
    Funny...my son is now taking French in Middle School because my daughter takes it as well. Their plan is to plot against us as we won't be able to understand them! If you need brushing up, maybe you can join in the nefarious plots!
    Mike,

Please tell your son and daughter this Star Wars actor applauds their learning French - learning any foreign language is always a good thing. The Quarren side of me approves of their plan, and wishes them well with their nefarious plots - but the Mon Calamari side of me asks you to give them this message from me...

Que la Force soit avec vous!

Les Hommes Calamari
    Gerald Home

HA! Definitely will pass that along!

Hi Gerald,

I know you are busy, but, please don't forget to update us
    on your exploits in France.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthWuicho View Post
    Hi Gerald,

I know you are busy, but, please don't forget to update us
    on your exploits in France.
    Hi Wuicho,

Yep, very busy, but thanks for asking. As you've asked, I'm very happy to tell you about France last weekend: it was a wonderful event, and so were the fans - and the cream cakes! Here's a very short (45 seconds) fun video - which your kids might also enjoy, Mike. Many people have asked me what colour lightsaber I would have, if I had one, and you'll see for yourselves in this video!

https://www.facebook.com/LesGardiens...type=2&theater

The group I talk about in the video - Les Gardiens de la Force - are very exciting and totally unique, combining martial arts, acrobatics and lightsaber "battles". Here's a good video where you'll see them in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edO7gAAMjYk

As well as the excellent convention, I got to be a tourist and saw the beautiful city of Toulouse, and the medieval city in Carcassonne, where (as I mentioned in a previous post) some of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves was filmed. Here you see Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman running into the castle:

And here I am at the same place - not exactly in the same spot as there were delivery trucks in the way:

I LOVE seeing new places, and if I ever get to Miami, I'll be calling on you to show me around, Wuicho, and of course I'd like you to show me MD/Washington, DC, Mike!

Finally - a bit off-topic, I know, but Star Wars-related; I just saw Blade Runner 2049 and loved it! And I'm not a sci-fi fan! Harrison Ford is brilliant in it, and if there's any justice in this world, he'll get an Oscar for it (Best Supporting Actor). I think it's the best acting he has ever done, and it's about time he got an Oscar.

All the best.

Gerald
    Last edited by Gerald_Home; 10-22-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    Gerald Home

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald_Home View Post
    Here's a very short (45 seconds) fun video - which your kids might also enjoy, Mike. Many people have asked me what colour lightsaber I would have, if I had one, and you'll see for yourselves in this video!
    I'll definitely show 'em...as long as you're not joining in the plots against us!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
    I'll definitely show 'em...as long as you're not joining in the plots against us!

As they say in House of Cards...I couldn't possibly comment!
    Gerald Home

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald_Home View Post
    A QUESTION: David here in the UK has given me some fascinating info, and has asked me to ask you a question regarding this artwork:

Here's (part of) what he wrote:

"I just found a picture of Tessek artwork showing a design for a toy as part of the Micro Machines series of miniature playsets produced by Galoob years ago. Apologies if you have already seen it. I have never seen such a toy for sale - I remember them being in the shops but not a Tessek one - which leads me to think that it must be conceptual artwork for a toy that never went into production. Apparently the original artwork was offered for sale on ebay recently but I could not find it when I searched on ebay. Do you know anything about this toy?"

I don't know anything about it. Hopefully you do.
    Yes, this is a print of an original design for a non-produced Micro Machines mini head playset from Galoob. The original artist/designer is Errol McCarthy. I have this print as well as the Ackbar print and I was lucky enough to purchase the original art of the Ackbar design earlier this year. I haven't seen the Tessek original up for auction. The eBay seller for most of his items is mr-comixking. They usually have many items from Errol up but nothing at this time.

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast