Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: ROTJ History: Gerald Home's Creature Info.

Gerald,

I saw your video in French, and your Semi
    Spanish interview (interview in Mexico). I love them
    both. I'm impressed by your foreign language skills.
    I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you at any convention this year.
    But, I have high hopes for 2018 or maybe you will be at
    Star Wars Celebration in 2019.
    I started a thread to find the actors who played the rebels
    in the final scene of Rogue One (the ones killed by Vader). Any
    help there would be appreciated.
    Thanks for all you do Gerald. I truly appriciate you.

Hi Wuicho,

Thanks very much for the compliment. I love languages and used to be fluent in French, Spanish and German - but that was over 40 years ago, when I studied them at university. Since then, I've forgotten a lot of grammar, verbs and vocabulary. You need to speak languages to keep them alive, and I don't speak them often. I do "homework" before I go to countries where I know the language, and I'm currently working hard on my French for this weekend's event in France.

Come to think of it, I wonder what language(s) Quarren and Mon Cals speak?! And, as they come from the same homeworld, do they speak the same language?! Do they even speak at all?!

I doubt very much whether I'll ever be at another Celebration, but you never know. It would be nice, as I'd get to meet so many of you in the one place. Florida remains top of my wish list of places to go to in America. I've come close to going to cons there twice, but nothing eventuated. Let's hope you and I will meet there one day - and Michael Para too, if you're still living there.

I just watched the final scene in Rogue One, which you're asking about here. I can't help you with names, but I can remind you what I keep saying in this thread: people in Star Wars films are often not actors, or performers, but extras. Looking at that final scene, I'd say it's a mixture of actors and extras, though I can't be sure about that as I wasn't there. Why does it matter? Simply because if you're trying to track people down and/or identify who is inside the costumes, it will help you if you know whether to look for them in actors' agencies or extras' agencies. I hope your fellow (Rebel)scummers can help you.

All the best.

Gerald
    Gerald Home
    Tessek-Squid Head & Mon Calamari Officer in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
    http://www.GeraldHome.com/

Funny...my son is now taking French in Middle School because my daughter takes it as well. Their plan is to plot against us as we won't be able to understand them! If you need brushing up, maybe you can join in the nefarious plots!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
    Funny...my son is now taking French in Middle School because my daughter takes it as well. Their plan is to plot against us as we won't be able to understand them! If you need brushing up, maybe you can join in the nefarious plots!
    Mike,

Please tell your son and daughter this Star Wars actor applauds their learning French - learning any foreign language is always a good thing. The Quarren side of me approves of their plan, and wishes them well with their nefarious plots - but the Mon Calamari side of me asks you to give them this message from me...

Que la Force soit avec vous!

Les Hommes Calamari
    Gerald Home
    Tessek-Squid Head & Mon Calamari Officer in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
    http://www.GeraldHome.com/

HA! Definitely will pass that along!

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859