Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: ROTJ History: Gerald Home's Creature Info.

Hi Torsten, Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your last messages, that's very informative. I also try to find who are the three Prune Faces in the briefing room (but unfortunately I don't have more informations to share).

Thorsten, I would really like to see the Prune Faces behind the scenes photo you're talking about. Do you have it ? Thanks a lot

Greg
    Last edited by GregKenobi; 09-05-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Hi Greg,

here's the bts image of Trevor in his Prune face costume, but without mask and without coat.
    (found it on let-the-wookie.com, so if someone from their side don't want to see it repostet here, please let me know and i will delete it)

Here is a continuity polaroid of the full costume including the grey coat. For me this looks much like Trevor's costume, but strangely has a kind of beige breastplate which is giving me some headaches:

I haven't found yet the bts material where you can see Colin, because i have seen it in one of the many ROTJ bts videos out there for just 1 sec.
    Colin however is signing Orrimaarko (the one with the eye patch) pics since ever and he is listed on all major SW sites as the man behind Orrimaarko. But i will try to find the video and make a screencap.

Quote Originally Posted by GregKenobi View Post
    Hi Torsten, Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your last messages, that's very informative. I also try to find who are the three Prune Faces in the briefing room (but unfortunately I don't have more informations to share).

Thorsten, I would really like to see the Prune Faces behind the scenes photo you're talking about. Do you have it ? Thanks a lot

Greg

Gerald - I'm looking forward to meeting you on Sunday at Tri-Con. I'm planning on getting my Mon Cal group shot signed and I'm hoping you'll have a Squid Head photo left to sign for me as well. I"m a big Ackbar/Mon Calamari focus collector and have also added Squid Head as a side focus a few years ago. I can wait to meet you and I hope you have a great weekend!

Mark Schnack

Torsten, thanks a lot for both pictures ! I may be too suspicious, but I can't be 100% sure that it's the same costume... Trousers on the first photo look grey, and trousers on the second photo look quite green. What do you think ?

Greetings, Humans!

At last I have a free day at home and so I have time to write you a long report and give you some news.

First of all, well done Thorsten and Greg. I'm watching your detective work eagerly, and learning from what you write.

Mark/schnack, it was a pleasure to meet you in Evansville and to add my name to your wonderful collection. For those who don't know, Mark has an amazing collection of Ackbar/Mon Cal and Squid Head items, many of which I've never seen before. It's an honour for me to have added to it in a small way.

By the way, wherever I go these days, my Mon Cal photos are more popular than ever. I don't know why - maybe because there are Mon Cals in new Star Wars productions. And Mike/IndyMike, your ears must be burning a lot these days because I talk about you a LOT at events, when describing and showing the pics you helped me make. One of your Briefing Room photos is now one of the most popular photos on my table.

Speaking of Evansville, it was an excellent con, and I met many new Star Wars fans I know I'll meet again...maybe in Lexington next year...??? Here's a pic from a live TV show I did in Indiana, the very popular MIDDAY WITH MIKE, with Tri-Con organiser, superwoman Jamie Arvin. Thanks to mega Star Wars fan Ted Haycraft for the photo:

I thought I was going to a radio interview, until we got to the TV studio! If I'd known it was TV, I'd have tucked my shirt in and worn a smart jacket! Hey ho, too late now. It was a fun interview.

The weekend before that, I was in Cyprus, at another fabulous event. They're hungry for Star Wars actors in Cyprus - only Julian Glover had been there, the year before me - and people came from miles around to say hello. I was expecting a lot of British people to be there as it's a popular holiday destination for Brits, and I thought there would be military people too, as there's still a British base there, and indeed many British people came to see me (some because they remember me as Mr. Muscle from their childhoods!) - but what surprised me was the mixture of other nationalities who came to see me, including Spanish, Swiss, German, Greek, and many Americans, including one who worked at the US embassy in Cyprus, and many from the US military. I love meeting such a range of nationalities and talking with them. Here's a picture which I think is a great idea, courtesy of Andreas Papadopoulos. Andreas had the photo of us together printed, then he came back with the print and I signed it, as you see. Note who was in the booth next to mine - The Mountain from Game of Thrones:

And last month I was in Mexico City for Unboxing Toy Convention, which was just incredible. As I thought would happen, I did see several Lily Ledy Squid Heads, and even signed some (in their cases). Squid Head is quite a star in Mexico because of the vintage figures. I met many wonderful fans and expert collectors from all over the world.

A highlight for me was meeting stuntman Paul Weston and getting to know him. Here's his photo of us at the Pyramid of the Sun, just outside Mexico City:

Paul's brilliant career goes way back to The Dirty Dozen - 50 years ago! You'll know him for his stuntwork and he was Vedain in ROTJ and Feyn Vann in Rogue One. He mentioned a stunt he did in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, which was partly filmed in a medieval fortress in a city called Carcassonne in the south of France. (More about that later). Here's one of his stunts from the film, which I'm sure you remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK8tyQZVfcc

By coincidence, I'm going to a convention in that city next month! I'm very excited about it because it will be my first event in France for 12 years! Here's the flyer:

And here's a video greeting I made for the fans:

https://www.facebook.com/cinespacefa...type=2&theater

Please excuse my very bad French in the video, but I made a video in Spanish the same day, and some Spanish words came out of my mouth, instead of French words! ("Ir" instead of "aller", meaning "to go", "enlace" instead of "lien", for "link".) I promise I'll study and improve my French before the event.

Next stop, Antwerp, this coming weekend. Paul Weston will be there too, and lots of other guests. Hope to see some of you there!

Keep up the detective work! I'm doing my best behind the scenes to get accuracy and truth.

All the best.

Gerald
    Last edited by Gerald_Home; 09-18-2017 at 10:00 AM. Reason: corrections
    Gerald Home
    Tessek-Squid Head & Mon Calamari Officer in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
    http://www.GeraldHome.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald_Home View Post
    And Mike/IndyMike, your ears must be burning a lot these days because I talk about you a LOT at events, when describing and showing the pics you helped me make. One of your Briefing Room photos is now one of the most popular photos on my table.
    Cool beans! TOO kind of you, sir. But much appreciated. Happy to have helped and glad they're a hit!!

Cool beans indeed, Mike. I'm glad I checked in and found your reply, because I didn't receive notification of it. If anyone from Rebelscum is reading this, I'd appreciate it if they could find out why and fix the problem, thanks.

And for those of you who asked, here is the final (very impressive) guest list for this weekend's Comic Con Antwerp:

https://comicconantwerp.com/en/guests/

Cheers.

Gerald
    Last edited by Gerald_Home; 09-18-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    Gerald Home
    Tessek-Squid Head & Mon Calamari Officer in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
    http://www.GeraldHome.com/

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758