Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: ROTJ History: Gerald Home's Creature Info.

Re: ROTJ History: Gerald Home\'s Creature Info.

Quote Originally Posted by karnorjax
    Great info mate... wish more actors would put info like this across to auto collectors. you a legend and more so to UK Fans,... you are the REAL Mr Muscle not that CGI abomination

I had no idea Gerald was Mr Muscle, guess we do learn something new everyday.

Great post by the way Gerald, always great to have people involved with the films giving us new incite
    What the hell is an aluminum falcon?!

Hi Gerald

So, ROTJ credited mime artists, can you help fill the blanks here:

Franki Anderson - ?
    Ailsa Berk - Amanaman
    Sean Crawford - Yak Face
    Andy Cunningham - Ephant Mon
    Tim Dry - Whipid
    Graeme Hattrick - ?
    Phil Herbert - Hermi Odle
    Gerald Home - Squid Head
    Paul Springer - Ree Yees

cheers

I always read that Franki A. was Bubociullar (misspelled?), the barking "dog" creature in the palace, but not sure of any other possible roles.

A very quick reply:

Franki Anderson played Bubo. As far as I know she didn't do anything else on ROTJ.

I can tell you quite a lot about her. In fact, I'll tell you everything I know that's relevant about all us Mime Artists in a day or two when I have some photos ready to illustrate what I know. So please be patient my young Padawans.....(oops sorry, did I just write that??? I've embarrassed myself! Oh well...)

This is a great question, which I get asked a lot, so I'll be more that happy to tell you all I know.

Before that though, there are a few other things I'll post about.

Cheerio for now.

Gerald
    Gerald Home
    Tessek-Squid Head & Mon Calamari Officer in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
    http://www.GeraldHome.com/

Franki just did Bubo. She signed a few years ago at a show in London and siad that that was all she did.

Gerald, last time I saw you I was working on my Jabba Picture.
    It has come a long way since you last saw it at C4.

I hope you get a chance to come to Fan Days or C6 this year.

C. Perry

Agreed! Gerald sent one of the nicest replies to a letter I've received. Would love to meet him at Fan Days. I will say it's disappointing to know I need to take a sig or two off my Jabba aliens shot though. Hopefully Springer does more shows so I can "correct" my piece.
    Looking for Shaw, Fords, Alecs and other rare, deceased cast pieces.

The band behind the name

Gerald you have to contact Ben Stevensfrom C2 and bring all of the people you know to Fan Days or CVI, especially the ones who don't do shows frequently, like Franki Anderson for example.

Can't wait for more info.

Such interesting posts from all of you. Thank you (and thank you again for the kind words). I wish I knew all your names so I could thank you personally.

I'm working on what info to tell you about we Mime Artists. It's going to take me a while to do that, and I want to tell you all that I know, so I don't want to rush it.

In the meantime, here are some replies to your latest posts:

Firstly, I don't like to think that what I've told you makes you feel your incorrectly-signed photos are now somehow tainted. Please don't look at it that way. Think of those photos now as a bit of history that will hopefully never be repeated - they were signed by people who weren't in them - and now enjoy having them signed by the person who really is in them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do already know Ben (Stevens) and Philip (Wise). Don't forget, they organise the autograph guests for the Celebrations, so I've already worked with them on Celebrations 3 and 4. (I wish they had organised the guests for Celebration Europe too, but that's another story!) So they know me and I'm sure will have me back when the time is right. Not everyone can go to every event, after all.

I've already told Ben and Philip some of what I've told you all here, though I'll also be telling stuff I've never told before. Regarding potential guests, Ben has his nose firmly to the ground (if that's the right expression) and I'm sure he knows all about potential signers, and it wouldn't surprise me if he hadn't already been in touch with all the people you guys want to see at events.

One thing you might not know is that not everyone wants to do signings, even if they're offered a lot of money. This can be for a variety of reasons: they might be shy or they might not remember any of the filming. (As with all film sets, let's just say that a few people were constantly "high", so it's understandable that they can't remember anything! No names mentioned!) I have some actor friends who can't bear meeting the public. This can be because they don't like breaking the barrier between artist and audience, or, to be frank, they just don't like meeting fans. Sorry if that disappoints you, but it's the truth.

I've been in touch with Ben recently actually, asking him if he has this photo, which I'd love to use:

Ben replied that he thinks he has seen it somewhere and is keeping his eyes open for it. Hope he finds it. (I've seen a blurred, bad version of it.) I like it for several reasons:

- people often ask me if I have a photo of me with Boba Fett;
    - I remember the photo being taken;
    - I remember chats I had with Jeremy Bulloch and Ailsa Berk on set;
    - this photo reminds me of a scene I'm in in the film that you might not be aware of! Let me explain...

After Jabba talks about his favourite decoration, the camera pans to Han in carbonite. On the way, you'll see the camera pass Boba Fett and then Amanaman who turn to look at Han. What you might not see is me. Yep, Tessek is there, beside Boba, but the camera is speeded up as it passes meso you're not aware I'm there. But if you freeze when the camera starts to pan, then proceed frame by frame, you'll see me there, like in the photo. I've often wondered why the camera speeds past me. It could be for effect - or it could be because I really couldn't and shouldn't have been there as moments before this I was sitting opposite Jabba, in an alcove with Claire Davenport, as you see here:

Finally, for those who don't know, let me explain about my other alter ego - Mr Muscle. (This isn't totally off-topic as it's kind of autograph related.) I was the original Mr Muscle in a series of TV commercials which were shown not just here in the UK, but also in much of Europe, and in Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. The amazing thing is that when I go to events now, I often sign as many Mr Muscle photos as ROTJ ones, especially in Holland for some reason.

The commercials ran for nearly 10 years, 10 years during which Star Wars fans didn't know that the face inside Tessek was Mr Muscle! Nowadays, Mr Muscle is indeed an abomination - a muscle-bound CGI cartoon figure.

Anyway, have a laugh at my expense and look at the Mr Muscle photos in Gallery 1 - my career gallery - on my website, link below. There are 2 pages of photos, so click onto thumbnails 12 and 13 to see them. Not a pretty sight - Squid Head in his boxer shorts, but hey, an actor's got to make a living!

And if you're really keen, you'll find 6 of my Mr Muscle commercials/adverts on YouTube.

By the way, click onto the thumbnails in the Star Wars gallery (2) also. Some of you might even be in some of the photos there.

That's more than enough for now. More soon.

Gerald
    Gerald Home
    Tessek-Squid Head & Mon Calamari Officer in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
    http://www.GeraldHome.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasotarockstar
    Agreed! Gerald sent one of the nicest replies to a letter I've received. Would love to meet him at Fan Days. I will say it's disappointing to know I need to take a sig or two off my Jabba aliens shot though. Hopefully Springer does more shows so I can "correct" my piece.
    Springer is going to be at LFCC in July!
    "I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
    WTB
    autograph: rarer OT signatures

Love those two pictures Gerald! Hope you get ahold of them, I'd take them both!
    "I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
    WTB
    autograph: rarer OT signatures

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast