Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ROTJ History: Gerald Home's Creature Info.

Awesome interview! It is neat to see an original cast member involved with the fans. I really appreciate the time you give to us collectors.
    Pain is temporary but film is forever.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1074052/

Quote Originally Posted by jedichase View Post
    .. I really appreciate the time you give to us collectors.
    + 2, :listening_headphone
    .... "And you call yourselves Human"

Thanks Guys. Glad you enjoyed the interview.

By the way, the extra scene for Sherlock Holmes: a Game of Shadows still hasn't been written, and as the film will be released worldwide in just a few weeks time, we doubt that it's ever going to be written or filmed. Oh well, that's showbiz!

Gerald
    Gerald Home
    Tessek-Squid Head & Mon Calamari Officer in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
    http://www.GeraldHome.com/

Hi Gerald,

many thanks for the info. Great topic since I am a huge fan of the Mon Calamari, the original trilogy and its creatures (they ARE creatures not just pixels). And the design of the Mon Calarari is one of the best of the original trilogy.

As for Graeme Hattrick: He is not a performer anymore, he became a director indeed and did some stuff for the BBC.

The correct name of Hugh Spirit (by the way, the ROTJ credits are full of misspelled names) is Hugh Spight. He is a guy from Wales as far as I know, a few years ago he lived in Germany and I think he still does.
    Last edited by GoldLeader; 12-03-2011 at 08:46 AM.

My friend, good to see you here! (I've done some detective work and know who you are.) I remember your Mon Cal photo was one of the first Star Wars photos I ever signed!

There are more and more fans who appreciate the Mon Calamari. In fact, one fan is right now making the first fan-made Mon Calamari Officer mask and costume I have ever seen. The mask is stunning, beautiful and unique. I've been giving tips to the maker on how to make it more comfortable so he can wear it for long periods at conventions. I'll post pictures here when he finishes it. Note this is a Mon Calamari OFFICER costume, not an Ackbar.

And some of you have seen the excellent Mon Calamari and Tessek feature in the recent Star Wars Insider (issue 105 here in the UK, 129 in the US). I hear there might be some follow-up information in a future issue. Good to see us Calamari Men getting some attention at last!

You're right - it is Spight. I'm very good at remembering faces, but I always used to get confused between Hugh Spight and William Todd-Jones, a puppeteer who worked on many sci- fi shows. They're both from Wales and both have curly hair, though Huge is smaller. (By the way, only smaller performers could fit into the Gamorrean Guard costumes, or Pig Guards as we called them at the time. Being 6' tall, I could never have fitted into that costume.)

Cheers.

Gerald
    Last edited by Gerald_Home; 12-04-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    Gerald Home

Hello, Mr Home! I've just discovered this thread and am delighted to see an original SW Trilogy actor/performer on the forum, and providing so much wonderful inside information about our favorite films! Thank you so much for your interest in the fan community and providing us with reliable facts.

A character I don't believe I've ever seen before (or perhaps have caught a partial glimpse of in rare photos) has caught my eye in one of the pix you previously posted.

Can you you tell us (or have you already?) who the lady between you (Squid Head) and Bib Fortuna is? Was she a performer or an extra? (I've paid attention to your lessons in the differences between the two.) Do we know if her character has a name? Surely she was one of Jabba's dancing girls. She reminds me of 'Diva Shaliqua' from Episode I.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I just discovered a page that lists the character as 'Jess'.

http://slaveleia.wikia.com/wiki/Jess

Never heard of this one. It has another wonderful photo that shows the lady more clearly too. I'd love an action figure of her! Do you know the actress/performer/extra, Mr Home??

Last edited by StarWarsMonsters; 12-04-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    STAR WARS 1977-2017 ~ Happy 40th!!!!!

Thanks very much for the kind words.

Sorry, I don't know anything about this character, "Jess". The first photo you posted above was a still, posed photo. She and Mike Carter (Bib Fortuna) were in that position purely for the photo, I think. You should ask him about her: as he was beside her in the other photo too, maybe he spoke to her. She wasn't an actress or part of the performers team, so she must have been an extra. Interesting question though, which I've never been asked before. I'll ask Mike about her next time I see him.

Gerald
    Gerald Home

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald_Home View Post
    Thanks very much for the kind words.

Sorry, I don't know anything about this character, "Jess". The first photo you posted above was a still, posed photo. She and Mike Carter (Bib Fortuna) were in that position purely for the photo, I think. You should ask him about her: as he was beside her in the other photo too, maybe he spoke to her. She wasn't an actress or part of the performers team, so she must have been an extra. Interesting question though, which I've never been asked before. I'll ask Mike about her next time I see him.

Gerald
    Thank you! That would be great as I haven't attended conventions in years and wouldn't have an opportunity to ask him, unless he talks to fans online as you do. Although I recall a pleasant encounter with him at SWCII.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald_Home View Post
    My friend, good to see you here!
    Always a pleasure! I hope to meet you again some day.

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsMonsters View Post
    Can you you tell us (or have you already?) who the lady between you (Squid Head) and Bib Fortuna is? Was she a performer or an extra? (I've paid attention to your lessons in the differences between the two.) Do we know if her character has a name? Surely she was one of Jabba's dancing girls. She reminds me of 'Diva Shaliqua' from Episode I.

I just discovered a page that lists the character as 'Jess'.

Jess - Slave Leia Wiki

Never heard of this one. It has another wonderful photo that shows the lady more clearly too. I'd love an action figure of her!
    The slave girl (or whatever she is) was played by Michele Gruska (it's Michele, not Michelle). She is a singer and did the lyrics on Lapti Nek for the original theatrical version of ROTJ.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GoldLeader View Post
    The slave girl (or whatever she is) was played by Michele Gruska (it's Michele, not Michelle). She is a singer and did the lyrics on Lapti Nek for the original theatrical version of ROTJ.
    That's fascinating. I've never heard about that. I'm thinking she's long overdue for a figure! Thanks a lot.

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast