Questions Due: Friday, September 16, 201
    Responses Returned: Monday, October 3, 2011

Questions Due: Friday, October 14, 2011
    Responses Returned: Monday, October 31, 2011

Questions Due: Friday, November 11, 2011
    Responses Returned: Monday, November 28, 2011

Questions Due: Friday, December 2, 2011
    Responses Returned: Monday, December 19, 2011

Since questions are due by 10AM, I'm planning to send them in on Thursday nights.

We get to submit 2 questions each round. I will pick them from what is posted here...although I already plan to submit one asking about the distribution problems.

Our latest answers:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ers_137872.asp

Roundup report (will be updated as new sites post their sessions):
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ort_137871.asp

Hope this helps!

Re: Hasbro\'s STAR WARS Bi-Weekly Q&A Session - Part 11

Dear Hasbro,

We've seen some pics of the upcoming tauntaun and it looks fantastic! It seems to be one of the most highly anticipated releases and I am assuming it might come with a Luke figure as well as possibly be released again with Han further down the road. Will we also see a carded Hoth Luke figure in 2011? He is among the most wanted on many fans lists, we've seen some great figures in The Vintage Collection so far and this core character is overdue for the VC treatment!
    " what is to gain by partaking in a thread that does not concern/interest you. Say I pass and move on it's that simple" MasterFett-Bastila Shan thread-2-14-11

Are Greedo from "Sphere of Influence," Chewbacca from "Wookie Hunt," or Sy Snootles from "Hunt for Ziro" planned for inclusion in The Clone Wars line?

Dear Hasbro,
    Short and to the point, when are we going to see a new very well sculpted without bulky softgoods OT Yoda? The last time the be all end all Jedi Master got a new OT figure was seven years ago!!
    "I like that wookie."

My trade feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1015111/

What a dismal lot of answers... Whoever fielded those questions lacked any of the enthusiasm I've seen in previous Q & A's. I really wish Rebelscum had left the bonus commentary as a question. It was much more to the point and educated in terms of addressing the distribution debacle.

My concern/question is this:

Without proper consideration, it seems an annual report at Hasbro might suggest that the Vintage line has turned out to be less successful than it originally had. Its nearly June, and the 5 Targets in our area (that usually can't keep up with the local demand) still dangle the same 30+ Clone Troops and Sandtroops I saw back in January... Hasbro's sluggish sales can easily be attributed to poor distribution strategies, but I can only imagine that the sales reports don't tell this side of the story. I'd buy 50 new figures tomorrow (doubles in several cases) if you'd just get me something - anything - new on the shelf! Does Hasbro still consider the Vintage line a success given the way sales have obviously slowed or have they postponed any assessment of the line's success in lieu of correcting the distribution mis-steps and the ultimate deprivation it has thus caused in the market?

Perhaps I'm reading into the answers that were given, but in previous Q & A's, there seemed to be no definitive end in sight for the vintage line. This recent round of answers seems to hint at 2012 culminating in the end of the Vintage line.
    Trade Feedback Who's the more foolish... the fool or the fool who follows?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerthat
    What a dismal lot of answers... Whoever fielded those questions lacked any of the enthusiasm I've seen in previous Q & A's. I really wish Rebelscum had left the bonus commentary as a question. It was much more to the point and educated in terms of addressing the distribution debacle.

My concern/question is this:

Without proper consideration, it seems an annual report at Hasbro might suggest that the Vintage line has turned out to be less successful than it originally had. Its nearly June, and the 5 Targets in our area (that usually can't keep up with the local demand) still dangle the same 30+ Clone Troops and Sandtroops I saw back in January... Hasbro's sluggish sales can easily be attributed to poor distribution strategies, but I can only imagine that the sales reports don't tell this side of the story. I'd buy 50 new figures tomorrow (doubles in several cases) if you'd just get me something - anything - new on the shelf! Does Hasbro still consider the Vintage line a success given the way sales have obviously slowed or have they postponed any assessment of the line's success in lieu of correcting the distribution mis-steps and the ultimate deprivation it has thus caused in the market?

Perhaps I'm reading into the answers that were given, but in previous Q & A's, there seemed to be no definitive end in sight for the vintage line. This recent round of answers seems to hint at 2012 culminating in the end of the Vintage line.
    You're basing the the success or failure of the Vintage Collection solely on the toy aisle at your local Target? Have you checked a different store?

Anyways, Hasbro said from the very beginning that Vintage would run for 2 years. So it should come as no surprise that they are preparing to wrap things up in 2012.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by yodashizzle
    Dear Hasbro,

We've seen some pics of the upcoming tauntaun and it looks fantastic! It seems to be one of the most highly anticipated releases and I am assuming it might come with a Luke figure as well as possibly be released again with Han further down the road. Will we also see a carded Hoth Luke figure in 2011? He is among the most wanted on many fans lists, we've seen some great figures in The Vintage Collection so far and this core character is overdue for the VC treatment!
    I second this one.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" SA/TBS line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

I sent 2 questions in this morning...

The first was the question about the previous Fans' Choice Polls, because I really liked the idea of wrapping up those choices. So let's see if there's any interest left in Nym or Twi'lek masseuses (there IS on my end!)

The second was the question about the Jedi Spirts.

I've also been told that the question about distribution that was asked...wasn't answered. So it is being asked again. I know who asked it, but I don't want to take away from them at all. So I leave it up to them to determine when/if they will talk about their session.

Bottom line...Hasbro KNOWS this is a big issue. However, I seriously doubt they'll even answer anything about it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    You're basing the the success or failure of the Vintage Collection solely on the toy aisle at your local Target? Have you checked a different store?

Anyways, Hasbro said from the very beginning that Vintage would run for 2 years. So it should come as no surprise that they are preparing to wrap things up in 2012.
    Yes, I have checked other stores... Just used Target as an example in an already long winded concern/question. For the record, we have 2 TRU's (full of Saga Legends & CW), 3 Walmarts (Clone Wars and the occasional vintage remnants) and countless Meijers (CW, Saga Legends, everything vintage waves 1 & 2). Distribution tells the same story everywhere you turn here... I finally broke down and went with scalpers on ebay to save on gas.

Hasbro never said anything definitive regarding the line beyond 2012. They've actually declined to say, sighting conditions of its success or failure... Which is my point for asking the question.

Poor distribution is causing what would appear to be a failure for the line. While its a boon for scalpers and online stores, for collectors and Hasbro its turning out to be a nightmare. Wedge Antilles figures going for $70-160... Hasbro's take on that is what? $5 at best?

I've collected Hasbro's product for 8 years now - I've never been so inclined to spend my money on the line as I have since the vintage theme started, but there's less than ever to go around. Based on what I'm reading, I'm not alone. Yet here we are watching it burn out... It makes no sense at all.
    Trade Feedback Who's the more foolish... the fool or the fool who follows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curto
    I sent 2 questions in this morning...

The first was the question about the previous Fans' Choice Polls, because I really liked the idea of wrapping up those choices. So let's see if there's any interest left in Nym or Twi'lek masseuses (there IS on my end!)

The second was the question about the Jedi Spirts.

I've also been told that the question about distribution that was asked...wasn't answered. So it is being asked again. I know who asked it, but I don't want to take away from them at all. So I leave it up to them to determine when/if they will talk about their session.

Bottom line...Hasbro KNOWS this is a big issue. However, I seriously doubt they'll even answer anything about it at this point.
    I dont get what they can say? They know its a mess, we know its a mess. What more is there to say. Looking forward to the Spirits question, nice one.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast