Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Craigslist Absurdity Thread

Re: Official Craigslist Absurdity Thread

Its Star Wars so its worth a bunch right??

YES, it is worth anywhere from $600.00 to $69,000 dollars!

Guys, come on! It's original Star Wars! This stuff will put your kids through college! Sheesh!
    PeterFett's feedback

WTB: any modern LEIA protos, proofs, unpainted figures

not sure if it's absurd, but it's pretty funny

Jango Feet
    Feedback
    WTB: Leia Boushh & Rebo Band Pre-Production

Quote Originally Posted by rupert

Jango Feet
    I thought that was gonna be a pair of fuzzy slippers with Jango's helmet on the ends...

High Admiral

•    

Quote Originally Posted by rupert

Jango Feet
    haha nice!

What drives me crazy is that these craigslist creeps will often sit on something forever because they have it in their head it's worth hundreds of dollars. You can even show them proof, but they still insist.

I love when I'm buying something out in the wild and the people will check eBay before giving me a price. It's funny how selective their eye sight is, because they seem to only see AFA top graded items.

High Admiral

•    

your knowledge about the hobby is your best weapon against these dreamers. I use ebay and the afa website all the time to show people that my offer is a solid one. Paypal fees, ebay fees, shipping errors, fraudulent buyers, afa fees, afa wait times....all of these things are what people don't take into account. Once you show them that your offer is right, usually get them to soften up. just don't use the above thinga as fear tactics. They'll see right through out.

Well, out near me there is an auction house that has a weekend "collectibles show" and charge $5.00 to get in. In reality, it's no show. It's often only him and 2 other people sitting in there. Rumor has it, there are no "dealers" and it's all his private stock he's charging people just to look at. It's like being charged $5 just to walk in the door of a roadside antique store.

Anyway, he has a Star Wars collector he says the "dealer" wants $3,000 for. He had a Jabba Playset and I offered $45. He told me he'd call the dealer and let me know. Just for the hell of it, I checked on eBay myself to see what they were going for. I saw an AFA high grade one for a couple of hundred. Sure enough, he called me and mentioned "we" (him and the dealer" saw one for that price. I knew it was the AFA one and I know he knows the deal. He was hoping I was stupid. He totally overlooked the ones that actually sold for LESS than $45.

This guy is just a shady crook and I am tired of people like him. Lot of local antique, collectible dealers and estate sale people near me and more than have are slime ridden crooks.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast