Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread: Mattel - Hot Wheels Thread

Found the Retro Entertainment GOTG Milano today at Walmart. I haven't had a chance to crack it open yet but, is it just me, or is it the same as the regular carded version?
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

I do find it funny that Mattel makes standard hotwheels of a movie car. Then puts in on a more premium package.

What i find more funny, is that it's getting harder and harder to find the first basic release. Forcing many people to buy the more expensive version.

I honestly never understood how they have a $4.99 cars right next to the $.99 cars, and not expect the consumer to balk.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I'm glad I found the Milano in the basic line, because many of those retro line vehicles are frankly a rip-off. The more expensive version of the Milano has some slightly different deco and a new stand - is that worth the price increase? Not for me.

Scalpers, as many have said before - ruin the fun aspects of the hobby because they hoard everything only to resell it. I only found the Milanos that I did because I was at a grocery store the day they apparently put them out. Forget the notion of finding anything at a major retailer like WM for the most part, because scalpers camp out there.

The more expensive ones used to have better or more thorough paint apps, like the spare tire being painted on the Mystery Machine. I had found the regular Milano and bought it and figured I'd buy the "better" one if I found it later. Then I saw it and couldn't see a reason to think it was any better. Even the display stand was the same.
    My Feedback

I tried learning a foreign language by watching Star Wars in Spanish on DVD. I started with Phantom Menace, and quit after "Me Llamo Jar Jar Binks"

There's a HW guy here in town, and I'm sure he checks every store every few days. And possibly knows when each store get shipments. So chances of me finding anything are very nil. Though he did help me acquire the Walgreens white Fett, but i haven't seen in since. So I don't even know if he is finding anything.

Plus I'm sure he isn't the only one looking. lol
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Another_Galaxy View Post
    The more expensive ones used to have better or more thorough paint apps, like the spare tire being painted on the Mystery Machine. I had found the regular Milano and bought it and figured I'd buy the "better" one if I found it later. Then I saw it and couldn't see a reason to think it was any better. Even the display stand was the same.
    Actually, the display stand is different. It's taller and has the GOTG logo. Also, as darth_sidious mentioned, the deco is slightly different. I'll take some side by side pics when I get home. Bottom line is, there's not enough of a difference to warrant the "retro entertainment" labelling and price increase that comes with it. Still, I am glad to have found it as I wanted a second one for my little boy.

As has been mentioned, it is weird how some of the "retro "entertainment" releases seem to be straight repacks of the regular release only with a few extra paint apps maybe. Some of them are definitely all new, "deluxe" versions over the regular ones. KITT and the BTTF DeLorean come to mind. The retro version of these are way more detailed, where as some like the Milano and the JJ Abrams Enterprise are barely different.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081