Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687

Thread: What are you reading now? V.3

I finished Battlefront II: Inferno Squad this evening - really compelling reading all the way through. Probably better than the Aftermath Trilogy, but at the same time didn't really add much to the Star Wars lore (in the way that those books did). It was predominantly a story about an undercover mission too, and I would have liked to see a bit more action. That said, it was set during the OT, and the Imperial perspective was a welcome change.

Last edited by xwingpilotuk; 09-03-2017 at 04:25 AM.
    My limelighting and display thread: xwingpilotuk's collection
    My collection photos: xwingpilot.uk

So, I'm halfway thru the Thrawn novel. I feel like its picking up steam. However, I keep thinking of the "Legends" novels and thinking that this character should be the same as before, but I'm not quite feeling it. I can see the brain pattern, thinking, recognition, etc., being the same but personally, I thought the mystery of Thrawn in the older novels added strength to his persona. Now I feel like I know too much about him.

Half a book to go, maybe I'll change my opinion.
    James Earl Jones: "I've one thing to say to people like you...I like Star Wars too!"

The Big Bang Theory-Season 7, Episode 14

Finally getting to Catalyst after finishing Plagueis and then Tarkin.
    An army of one man, but the right man for the job.

Not Star Wars related, but I keep returning to Ernst Jünger's World War I-era memoir Storm of Steel, as well as The Mist by Stephen King. Both are on my bedside table for bedtime reading.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: General Veers, Lieutenant Mitaka & Death Star Gunner.

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687