Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS: Movie Replica Motorcycle Suits

STAR WARS: Movie Replica Motorcycle Suits

Universal Designs Ltd. - UD Replicas has been licensed to design, manufacture, market and deliver STAR WARS 'Movie Replica' Motorcycle Suits, Outerwear and Accessories by LucasFilm.
    We'll be working with commercial garments such as the one seen being worn by David in this link:

Inner Space TV Interview
    (An all black leather version of the classic 'Ceremonial Jacket' with two-toned embossed Empire logos on the sleeves)

....as well as full 'Movie Replicas' much like what you've been accustomed to from our current product line.

All designed and reproduced to be fully functional, wearable and as movie accurate as possible.

This for all 6 Star Wars films. The Classic Trilogy, and The Prequels.

As always, our focus will be on the source material but Dave has also enlisted the help of board members GINO and Art Andrews to assure we...stay on target! We feel that their passion and expertise will help us create some of our most exciting and unique Movie Replica motorcycle suits yet.

It fills us all with great pride knowing we're going to be adding characters from this Galaxy Far Far Away to our new product line for 2011....and yes, pre-production on several goods has already started.

Quality, attention to detail and respect to the source material is something we hope we've already become known for...and as we welcome the Star Wars Universe to our growing catalog of licensed products...we'll continue to share our builds as 'works in progress' with you all here and hope to have your feedback, advice and constructive criticisms as these goods begin to come to life.

Coming Soon...to a Galaxy Near You!
    Distribution = WorldWide!!!!

May the Force be with you all!

Rimma
    www.udreplicas.com

Re: STAR WARS: Movie Replica Motorcycle Suits

I'm sorry but I have to say something....

HOLY *%@&!

THat is AWESOME!
    That black one is first and then he mentioned that a Boba Fett Jacket is coming....
    I am in heaven!
    I have been looking to replace my motorcycle jacket and now I have found the answer! I can't wait! I wonder when this first one will begin shipping?!

I NEED this!

Even my license plate on my bike is Star Wars themed!
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"
    "This above all: To thine own own self be true."
    "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

They make great stuff, BUT you have to be careful. I own the Dark Knight motorcyle suit. I used their size chart and even emailed them to verify that the size I was ordering would fit. It didn't and there are no returns. I paid over a $1000 for this outfit and it sits in the closet never worn. The gloves and the pants fit, but what is the point if you can't get on the jacket. I would have purchased other motorcycle suits from them, like the Wolverine one, but I don't want to take the risk.
    "No, no! No! THIS one goes there...THAT one goes there, right?" - Prop Collecting 101
    XBox Live Gamertag: CoolHandHan

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandHan
    They make great stuff, BUT you have to be careful. I own the Dark Knight motorcyle suit. I used their size chart and even emailed them to verify that the size I was ordering would fit. It didn't and there are no returns. I paid over a $1000 for this outfit and it sits in the closet never worn. The gloves and the pants fit, but what is the point if you can't get on the jacket. I would have purchased other motorcycle suits from them, like the Wolverine one, but I don't want to take the risk.
    That's pretty bad when you're paying this kind of money.

The suits do look pretty amazing though.

That's absurd. How can they not take returns when the item doesn't fit? Especially when you said you verified the size? That sounds fishy.
    Well, we'll see what they new pieces look like. So, are they custom made or do they just run small?

Surely not returning something that clearly doesn't fit is an infringement of your statutory rights? (Especially if it's not damaged.)

And yes, these suits are pretty incredible.

Damn that sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by SirTristram
    That's absurd. How can they not take returns when the item doesn't fit? Especially when you said you verified the size? That sounds fishy.
    Well, we'll see what they new pieces look like. So, are they custom made or do they just run small?
    Well, they are made to order...using their size chart. After taking my measurements and comparing it to their chart, I emailed them because I was concerned if the size my measurements corresponded to would fit. They said they were going to create a new smaller size, which is what they recommended I buy. I should have gone the next jacket size up, but the chart showed it was for a much larger person.

They have a limited production run, which are made overseas. Maybe they don't do exchanges because they would not have spare jackets to replace mine...but they should have at least refunded my money. It took about 6 months after paying in full to get the suit. They are based in Canada so it wasn't like I could complain to the Better Business Bureau.
    "No, no! No! THIS one goes there...THAT one goes there, right?" - Prop Collecting 101
    XBox Live Gamertag: CoolHandHan

Yeah, but if you used their size chart and it still did not fit, that seems like their error, unless you made a misjudgment on your size....

Hi everyone!
    This is David, I had Rimma make the first post here on our behalf, and I'd like to address the concerns raised regarding sizing on our goods.

Sizing is the single most important part of your purchase for any of our goods at UDReplicas.
    We not only provide a full size chart that outlines the size of our garments, but also encourage everyone to either call in or email us their measurements so that we can look them over and advise you how to best proceed with your required sizes.
    That said, we can only take it on good faith that the measurements provided to us are in fact taken accurately. Based on the numbers we receive, we advise accordingly. We have no desire to advise any customer to purchase a smaller size than what they need as it does not benefit anyone to end up with something that just does not fit. Furthermore, this is motorcycle wear, so the inner body armor takes away about 2 inches worth of 'fit', so that is always accounted for in suggested sizing.
    For those that dont ride a motorcycle and wanted this suit for other purposes, then they have to remove the inner body armor...easily done as all the armor is placed into accessible pockets, and there is also a removable quilted lining in the jacket...again, removing all these elements means a fit of approx 2.5 inches greater to that of it with all the body armor still inside.
    In the case of the TDK Batman Jacket, with all its exposed details also being made up of hard body armor, it was especially important to confirm sizing based on actual body measurements.
    We're not a stock house, we produce exactly what is ordered from our website...and considering that our goods are produced in different sizes VS being a static 'prop' where all are exactly the same, we can't gamble and guess what to produce up front. Not only, but our terms and conditions clearly state that there are no returns or exchanges of any kind as we produce exactly what you order. We try to offer the best service when it comes to product questions but most of all sizing and I personally take all phone calls myself because it's just too important.
    I regret hearing about your jacket being too small, and we even went as far as to introduce a smaller size based on your request. For me, making a XXS or a XXL changes absolutely nothing...we want everyone to have the right size garments always.
    Again, we can only advise based on the figures you give to us, and based on those numbers that's what we tell people they need to buy.
    Our FaceBook Group page has over 3,000 members and for the most part they are all customers...and most all have chimed in to voice their own thoughts and reviews on our goods, sizing, the process of ordering and overall satisfaction of the goods received.

Now that we're gearing up to offer Star Wars merchandise, the challenge will be to continue our strong focus on character accuracy, together with quality materials and hopefully the most impressive outerwear goods seen to date.
    Some has been suggested and mentioned here and there, but if you consider what we've become known for, meaning 'Movie Replica' motorcycle suits...then just imagine what we have in store with this Star Wars license.

All that said, are we perfect? No, of course not. Our products do speak for themselves, but there is always room for improvement and we are always listening to what you, potential customers are suggesting. Sometimes requests are more than reasonable and instantly put into play, but at the same time we can't just arbitrarily disregard our terms and conditions. If on the other hand there is an error on our part, then not only will we rectify it but also cover every single expense and cost needed to make it right. Perfection is something we strive for, and that can only be achieved by listening to our customers.
    If there is a sizing issue, it's always important to contact me directly to see how and where it happened and if it was our mistake then we immediately own up!

From a replica stand point, the biggest hurtle we have is replicating what was seen on film as an ABS hard armor suit, and reproducing it out of form molded leather. This is something we invest a lot of time and resources into because it has to not only look like what was seen on film but also perform and be functional in the real world. Replicating costumes and doing so out of leather and various other textiles is challenging, but we're making a solid name for our goods and many will attest to our strong focus to the source material and not making things up as we go.
    A UD Replicas 'movie replica suit' is just that....and it's something we take a lot of pride in and are constantly looking to raise the bar on all our goods released. Our current Batman Begins and TRON LEGACY leather suits are a testament to just how far we'll push ourselves to get the final product to respect the source material.

Star Wars is going to be something very special. I grew up with this franchise, and feel a strong emotional connection to this universe and its beloved characters...we're going to take what was seen on film and translate these iconic characters into fully functional, everyday wearable motorcycle suits!

We'll have more very soon.
    The Black Leather Ceremonial style biker jacket with the Empire crests on the sleeves will be the first jacket we introduce...at a price tag of $298.00 USD.
    All leather, beautiful rib detailing, quality grade A cow hide...removable quilted inner lining...and removable CE approved body armor.

I'm happy to answer any and all questions, so feel free to post away.

David

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast