Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 519

Thread: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

  1. #1

    Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    Well, after 8 months its time for a new board...AHHH the smell of a new thread...

  2. #2

    Re: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    Well it sucks to start off the new threads with sadness...But ESB director Irvin Kershner has passed away at 87...Its bad enough that Leslie Nielsen died last night... God Bless and R.I.P. you guys, thanks for the laughs and the memories...

  3. #3

    Re: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    Yeah, I was really bummed when I heard about both. I'm currently reading The Making of The Empire Strikes Back, which of course, prominently features Kersh. It's an amazing read, it really seem like Empire was Kersh's movie. Without him it would be very different. I highly recommend it to anyone.

  4. #4

    Re: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by inferior10
    Yeah, I was really bummed when I heard about both. I'm currently reading The Making of The Empire Strikes Back, which of course, prominently features Kersh. It's an amazing read, it really seem like Empire was Kersh's movie. Without him it would be very different. I highly recommend it to anyone.
    I waiting for that book to get a little cheaper...but I can't wait to read it.

  5. #5

    Re: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    I heard about Kershner's passing on the radio that day. ESB will forever be his SW masterpiece. Kinda funny now that I look back that as a kid it took me a while to accept that he was the director for TESB and not Lucas. Same thing with Marquand on ROTJ.

    And, when I heard that Nielson passed away the same day, it took me a moment to realize that it was him and not Lloyd Bridges(who passed away sometime ago). I dunno why I tend to get the two confused sometimes.
    \S/ "For some, he was a guardian angel. For others, a ghost who never quite fit in." - Lois Lane
    "This is for Nova Corps!" - Richard Rider(Nova Prime) to Annihilus
    http://wilco5.deviantart.com/

  6. #6

    Re: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Tusken_Raiders
    Quote Originally Posted by inferior10
    Yeah, I was really bummed when I heard about both. I'm currently reading The Making of The Empire Strikes Back, which of course, prominently features Kersh. It's an amazing read, it really seem like Empire was Kersh's movie. Without him it would be very different. I highly recommend it to anyone.
    I waiting for that book to get a little cheaper...but I can't wait to read it.
    I'm waiting for the soft cover as well.
    "Tell me what's on your mind, or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!"

  7. #7

    Re: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    I picked up the Walmart exclusive GIJOE 2 packs from Ross for $5.99 each so I finally have a Monkeywrench. Here's the new stuff I got recently. I LOVE THE CITY COMMANDER ARMOR!!!




    "Tell me what's on your mind, or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!"

  8. #8

    Re: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    Hey guys, I'm looking to buy some carded Ewoks. My son just inherited my original Ewok Village playset but he has no Ewoks. They don't have to MOC just presentable as they will be played with. Any help would be great.

  9. #9

    Re: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    Nice score Ech, man does Ross have anymore of those GI Joe sets...Man, I need those.

    Inferior...No I don't have any, but I think Blitz said he was selling figures (well he stated that a 2 months ago)...

  10. #10

    Re: Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Tusken_Raiders
    Nice score Ech, man does Ross have anymore of those GI Joe sets...Man, I need those.

    Inferior...No I don't have any, but I think Blitz said he was selling figures (well he stated that a 2 months ago)...
    My Ross doesn't but I'm sure that there's plenty around town.
    "Tell me what's on your mind, or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!"

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •