Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Darth Vader: McQuarrie Concept SDCC Exclusive Mini-Bust

Wow, those are all great! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
    Wow, those are all great! Congrats!
    Thanks. Fortunately I got to the McQuarrie Vader helmet, but not the others. Unfortunately he does not produce those anymore. Trust me, I've asked him. I love to have the TIE pilot, AT-AT and Scout the most nowadays, knowing as we know the .45 line of helmets is dead.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback , Movie Realization Visual Reviews

Oh well..my eFX McQ Vader helmet will have to do.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe Episode Vll can.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Yeah. I know what you mean. Your $4,000.00 helmet will have to do, although it is really not a substitute.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Yeah. I know what you mean. Your $4,000.00 helmet will have to do, although it is really not a substitute.
    Is that the value of it these days?

I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe Episode Vll can.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Is that the value of it these days?

One sold here in the forums for $4,000.00 about two weeks ago. An AP of the helmet sold on Ebay recently for $5,000.00, so its after-market price is high. And that is very understandable. It is an extremely impressive collectible, signed by the original artist/designer himself, very limited amount produced, and up to this point I would say, it is the best McQuarrie tribute piece offered by any company. The only thing that stopped me from getting one back in 2010 when it was released, was the unfortunate lack of necessary space to display it in my Collection Room without overcrowding, or getting rid of other pieces. I think it is a helmet that needs ample room around it to be fully appreciated, and it should be properly lit. All for all, I love its design much better than the actual Vader helmet used for the films. Having said that, I have my mind and "piggy bank" set aside to get one as soon as we sell here and buy a bigger house upstate as we have planned. Anyone having this helmet should treasure it, not because of its increasing value, but rather for its craftsmanship and beautiful design. A true holy grail for McQuarrie collectors.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940