Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: Recent Acquisitions #2

Vice Admiral

I've been on a spree lately. This one showed up today.

Star Wars: Splinter of the Mind's Eye > 1978 copyrighted Paper-back Book
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

Got my copy of Topps Widevision cards Vol one. Covers both OT SW and the Special Edition cards. Bonus cards at the back as well, but these are not Widevision.
    If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

^ just received this as well. good stuff, these card books are a fun read. I thought initially it would contain all the OT films WV sets for some reason, but it's just ANH. more to come? I find it odd Galaxy hasn't had another volume, (not as popular?) you'd think those would be popular as they're no just film content but art and unique takes on the lore, I certainly wouldn't mind more.

Rebel Rising was popped through the letter box yesterday. Nice looking tome.

Finally completed my collection of first edition / hardcover "Making of" and "Art of" books, with a special assist from the author JW Rinzler for the final book I needed (Hardcover Making of ROTS). I love these books so much. Really wish they would release "Making of TFA" and "Making of Rogue One" ...

Picked up Rebel Rising and Guardians of the Whills at Target. They price matched Amazon.

do you have the other 2 sketchbooks? really like those myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenerdinator View Post
    Finally completed my collection of first edition / hardcover "Making of" and "Art of" books, with a special assist from the author JW Rinzler for the final book I needed (Hardcover Making of ROTS). I love these books so much. Really wish they would release "Making of TFA" and "Making of Rogue One" ...

No I need to pick those up. Joe Johnston sometimes has signed copies on his website, which I might pull the trigger on.

yeah sounds good, I got a B-wing 11/14 pic on sale there, he has a great selection. If not eBay has plenty unsigned, but I wouldn't poke around on either site, when they're gone they're gone. I really was PO'ed myself when the making of TFA was dropped or stopped or whatever. I can't see any logical reason why, and the insane amount of kid's books they're releasing (and most not containing any new content, just same tales) is only great for, well kids. Making TFA must've been quite the process, and I was very interested in seeing how a SW film comes to life w/o GL being the boss.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 05-23-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast