Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155
Results 1,541 to 1,548 of 1548

Thread: NECA - Predator 1, 2 and Predators

Quote Originally Posted by gijigsaw View Post
    You are not. Add Mac as well. Hell, get the whole squad, but Billy and Blain would be a great start.
    I'm kind of shocked it hasn't happened yet actually. With their Aliens line including so many human marines and now, heck, not even marines in someone like Burk. But I think maybe, with them releasing Dutch from the beginning of the film now, basically...what looks like to some casual person as just Arnold as...well...Arnold on the street (Hah!)...maybe we've got a chance!

Throw in Danny Glover from Predator 2 too!
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 08-12-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

The reason we've yet to get anyone else from Dutch's team is because NECA does not have the likeness rights to any of those actors for that movie. From what I understand they have tried to approach some of them and have had no success with getting them on board. The only one I see happening anytime soon would be Dillon since they keep going back and forth with Carl Weathers. I'd love to have the whole team, but it's probably never going to happen.
    Flickr

RIP Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Scarrviper View Post
    The reason we've yet to get anyone else from Dutch's team is because NECA does not have the likeness rights to any of those actors for that movie. From what I understand they have tried to approach some of them and have had no success with getting them on board. The only one I see happening anytime soon would be Dillon since they keep going back and forth with Carl Weathers. I'd love to have the whole team, but it's probably never going to happen.
    That's such a shame. I don't get why they would deny NECA, it's basically getting free money. Guess it's on them, huh? I've heard the same for Drake and Apone from Aliens, the reason they're not here yet is due to the actors not giving rights. Having so many marines...and not them...would make the shelf always look glaringly lacking to me.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

You would think Carl Weathers would be easy cause of the Rocky figures they're making. At least there's a dialog. But it seems Randy at NECA gets asked at least 2 times a week on Twitter and he says they keep getting told "No". I know some of the Alien figures came with stipulations about "neutral facial expressions". Maybe there's some weird thing along those lines with Predator actors? Or perhaps it's just time we the fans start sending letters to these guys and let them know how much we would love to have an action figure of them?
    --"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."--

One thing is for sure, we will never see Billy (Sunny Landham) or Blaine (Jesse Ventura) ever.

RIP Sonny Landham, who has passed away.

Oh man! I didn't want to believe it when I saw your post so I had to double check. That's such a bummer. If we never get a Billy figure from NECA(and I don't think now is really the right time for that discussion) at least we got an unofficial one from Hasbro in the form of Spirit Iron-Knife in 2010.

I know this thread is about NECA Predators not Hasbro GI Joes. But my 3 favorite things I collect and watch are Star Wars, GI Joe and Predator. So since this figure was kind of 2 of those things and 1 of the only 2 figures in recent memory of Sonny/Billy I thought I'd give it some love and wish Sonny's family all the best and Thank him for being the second most bad-A character(second only to the actual Predator) in one of the best action movies ever. Rest In Peace man!
    --"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."--

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155