Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Restored_R5D4 View Post
    I mixed and matched as a child. Note Star Wars, GI Joe and Smurfs all in one playtime session.

Were lando and Duke dosed with LSD by Dr. Mindbender and hallucinating Smurfs? That's some pretty dark playtime there lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bsjaye1 View Post
    Here is me when I was four years old with my Ewok village. This was the first Star Wars item I received as a child.

Ouch. You were such a little baby when you got the Ewok Village? I was like 2 years older (5 y.o.) when I got my first figures from the first movie and I was like 13 or 14 when I got an Ewok Village. Looks like you took care of your toys even at a young age though

p.s. should have read the whole thing, I see you say you were 4...I was thinking it looked like you were 2 or 3.
    Last edited by aaronthebanker; 05-08-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Dang, we have a similar story...I was allowed to have Star Wars toys at first but then my Dad got real religious and said I was obsessed (at about 6 years old) so he made me pack them all up and carry them to the dumpster. I would tear out the pages of the Christmas catalogs that had Star Wars toys and hide them under my mattress and would stay awake sometimes until the morning imagining that I had all the toys on those pages.

I miss the good old days of the late 1970s up to 1983 where birthday cakes were of G.I. Joe, He Man, or Star wars.

That and seeing any old early 1980s Christmas photos of Star Wars figures or any actiion figure of anything from He Man or Go Bots, even Power Lords and original Transformers toys

As I mentioned in earlier posts, it seems like a lot of kids growing up in the late '70's/early '80's had those "bowl" hair-cuts - LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronthebanker View Post
    Dang, we have a similar story...I was allowed to have Star Wars toys at first but then my Dad got real religious and said I was obsessed (at about 6 years old) so he made me pack them all up and carry them to the dumpster. I would tear out the pages of the Christmas catalogs that had Star Wars toys and hide them under my mattress and would stay awake sometimes until the morning imagining that I had all the toys on those pages.
    Sorry to hear this. I have a similar story, but it didn't directly affect me. When I was a kid back in the '80's, a friend was a huge SW fan, maybe even more than I was (and that's saying something). My friend's father got exasperated for some reason and finally told him (and I quote): "Star Wars is corrupting your mind!" To this day, I've always remembered this - obviously the parents in that family didn't appreciate SW as much as the kid - LOL.

However, I actually think the SW characters are, in most cases, positive role models for kids. Han Solo started ANH looking out only for himself, then at the end of the film did come back & helped Luke save the day.

Even Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker - who was extremely evil for years - finally did redeem himself in ROTJ.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 05-09-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Some great photos in this thread. Unfortunately I don't have any, just memories...

I sold my whole vintage collection when I was about eleven. I dread to think what it would all be worth now (even loose). Here's what I remember having (after going through the Kenner photo archive):

FIGURES
    Chewbacca
    Luke Skywalker
    Darth Vader
    Han Solo
    Stormtrooper
    Death Squad Commander
    Jawa
    Sand People
    Greedo
    Snaggletooth
    Walrus Man
    Arfive-Defour (R5-D4)
    Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
    Boba Fett
    Bespin Security Guard (I)
    FX-7 (Medical Droid)
    Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)
    Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)
    Yoda
    Dengar
    Ugnaught
    Imperial Commander
    2-1B
    AT-AT Commander
    Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear)
    Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) (With Sensorscope)
    Bespin Security Guard (II)
    Cloud Car Pilot
    See-Threepio (C-3PO) With Removable limbs
    Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot
    Zuckuss
    Admiral Ackbar
    Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)
    Nien Nunb
    Biker Scout
    Chief Chirpa
    Emperor's Royal Guard
    Gamorrean Guard
    Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
    Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
    Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
    8D8
    Droopy McCool
    Max Rebo
    Sy Snootles
    The Emperor
    AT-ST Driver
    B-Wing Pilot
    Han Solo (In Trench Coat)
    Princess Leia Organa (In Combat Poncho)
    Pruneface
    Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho)
    Yak Face

CREATURES
    Tauntaun with Open Belly Rescue Feature

VEHICLES
    Millennium Falcon
    Scout Walker
    Speeder Bike
    AST-5 (Armored Sentinel Transport)
    Endor Forest Ranger
    INT-4 (Interceptor)
    MTV-7 (Multi-Terrain Vehicle)

ACCESSORIES
    Radar Laser Cannon
    Tripod Laser Cannon
    Last edited by xwingpilotuk; 05-14-2017 at 01:45 AM.
    My collection at xwingpilot.uk
    My limelighting and display thread: link
    My childhood collection: link

The Millennium Falcon New in the box. DON'T OPEN IT KID

He opened it:

I forgot about this Tauntaun I had. You can barely make out the box in the pile:

I think these pictures would be best appreciated here, its not from MY childhood but its certainly from someone's. I bought the best shoe box ever today. Not because of the contents but the box itself. It just screams "the most awesomest kid ever owned this." Picked it up at a flea market. Sorry its so pic heavy but I just love the hodge podge contents. Puffy stickers, awesome. You know you don't just waste your stickers on just any old thing, so I imagine that box played host to a few figures in its time. I doubt if the contents are all from the original owner. But the art, the grab bag nature and the obvious personalization of it made it a no brainer to pick up.

Incidentally, does anyone know what the little paper figures are from?

"I like that wookie."

My trade feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1015111/

DarthPete - that box and its contents are amazing. What a wonderful assortment. Love the Millenium Falcon in Echo Base illustration inside the box.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast