Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: OT: Original Art (Non-SW) Limelight and Discussion

yay, my personal thread now!

Anyway, i went to the NJ comic art show this weekend (8 hour drive each way...yay...). Right before i bought something online, and then i picked up something for me at the show as well.

First I bought a full page splash from Marvel Team Up 58. Its a Sal Buscema and Pablo Marcos Full page splash from 1977. It features Spider-man, Ghost Rider, and one of the very first Marvel Villians ever, Paste-Pot-Pete (who later realized how lame that name was so he changed it to 'the trapster'). Just good stuff, love Sals Pencils and Pablos inks.

Then when at the show, after some negotiation I landed a superior Todd McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man fight page from issue 311, right in the prime era for his art. Has Spidey in 4 of the 5 panels, including 2 great spidey Images. Scene is full of McFarlane chaos goodness as he fights one of Mysterios fake constructs.

Was a good 48 hours art wise. Also picked up some Star Wars art recently, ill share that in the SW art post.
    "ok...ill sign an autograph..." -Mark Hamill

Havent updated this thread in a while. Here are my acquisitions (personal collection) for 2016

Submariner 35 page 10 Sal Buscema draws entire Avengers on way to fight (first apperance) the defenders

Captain America 140 page 3 John Romita Cap fights GG

Marvel Team-up 4 page 14 Gil Kane, Spidey fights X-men

FF 159 page 31, end of the medusa in FF era as sue rejoins, Rich Buckler/Sinnott

Defenders 49 page page 14, Entire team fights each other from that awesome Giffen run

huzzah....bronze age goodness
    "ok...ill sign an autograph..." -Mark Hamill

Here is my latest goodie. It's from Marvel's Dark Tower Gunslinger Born comic series. It is the original cover art to the second printing of issue 3. The pencils are from John Romita Jr.
    Chris Morin
    http://www.chrismorin.com/
    Wanted: ESB storyboard art, Boba Fett proofs, Topps Sugar Free items, Marvel Star Wars comic art

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031