Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who prefers POTJ Amanaman over TLC?

Who prefers POTJ Amanaman over TLC?

OK, so obviously POTJ Amanan is more movie-accurate, whereas the TLC Comic Pack version is meant to resemble the version in the comics.

Despite the different purposes of each which would make for a somewhat unfair comparison, I still prefer the POTJ version. It has more charm, and is somehow scarier and more creepy. It's just a great figure, despite the little articulation and droopy headhunter staff.

Re: Who prefers POTJ Amanaman over TLC?

New version. Just looks cooler.
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

No the POTJ one is not movie accurate. It looks nothing like him in the film. The vintage character was closer, but then again, none of them have managed to replicate his movie appearance. I would say of the two modern figure released to date though that the legacy one is suprior. While the sculpt is more akin to the comic of course I like the smoothness of the joints and the range of motion on the arms. I also like the height of the figure.

Vintage is still tops though.
    "It's like we are some kind of suicide squad" - Will smith
    Feedback

I myself really like the POTJ version, that is the only one I have and he is good enough for me. I could care less if he is retooled or repainted. As much love as I have for the Jabba palace characters he only makes a very breif appearance in the movie anyways. This is just my personal opinion of course. The vintage one would be excellent to obtain because its the original but that is out of my price range.

I own all three and they are all remarkable figures. I still prefer my POTJ one on display in Jabba's palace but if they ever took the Legacy sculpt and gave him movie style feet I would definitely retire the POTJ one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    No the POTJ one is not movie accurate. It looks nothing like him in the film.
    Maybe i have my Amanaman's crossed, but i thought the POTJ looks exactly like the movie character, down to the pose. Does this:

not look exactly like this:

The POTJ version looks pretty accurate to me, the only thing I'd change would be the right leg. Other then that looks good and still holds up well.

No the film version does not look like the POTJ one in the least. I would know, I'm an amanaman expert. See the POTJ one has a much more defined mouth and nostrils. Notice, the face on the movie one is fairly flat and undefined. ALso notice the body/and height relativity. Compared to other characters in the palace, amanaman is a tall dude. The POTJ figure is shockingly short. My main problem though is that face. He lacks those lines that indicate the wrinkly planarian skin. He appears rather smooth and almost lizard like while shame to say it, the nature of the film character is that of a puppet and almost bag like in his features. The hood is also much more pointed and prominent in the film, almost like a separate piece where it only comes to a moderate peak on the POTJ one.
    "It's like we are some kind of suicide squad" - Will smith
    Feedback

Anyone have any remedies to help keep his staff straight? (that's what she said)
    If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical read-out of this station it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness. . . and exploit it.

Why is he carrying around a skeleton anyway? It seems like such a burdensome thing to tote around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast