Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1444

Thread: Gentle Giant - Recent Acquisitions Pt 4

Quote Originally Posted by ihnken33 View Post
    Picked up the Flametrooper Mini bust and Bistan Mini Bust from the 44% off sale from May the 4th. 2 busts I have been on the fence about, but the sale made it happen for me.
    I was adamant that I wasn’t collecting from the new movies as the characters just don’t have the appeal/draw that the original & pretrilogy characters do, it’s amazing what a nicer more collector friendly price can do for decision making though, isn’t it? Got 4 busts I wasn’t going to get although I did think they looked nice..., just not $120.00 each nice.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    I was adamant that I wasn’t collecting from the new movies as the characters just don’t have the appeal/draw that the original & pretrilogy characters do, it’s amazing what a nicer more collector friendly price can do for decision making though, isn’t it? Got 4 busts I wasn’t going to get although I did think they looked nice..., just not $120.00 each nice.
    For sure not 120 nice...
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1029047
    TK/ID/DZ-9433
    nWo 4 LIFE!
    [-o-] (-o-) [-o-]

I was adamant that I wasnít collecting from the new movies as the characters just donít have the appeal/draw that the original & pretrilogy characters do, itís amazing what a nicer more collector friendly price can do for decision making though, isnít it? Got 4 busts I wasnít going to get although I did think they looked nice..., just not $120.00 each nice.
    Exactly LOL. I just picked up the Flametrooper for $87 shipped off amazon. Best price yet for this so I decided after your review to go ahead and get it already! No space for it but eventually it will get added in to the rotation.
    Last edited by Django; 05-16-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    "He's no good to me dead"

1/6 Darth Maul statue and the Plo Koon and Grievous mini busts.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Exactly LOL. I just picked up the Flametrooper for $87 shipped off amazon. Best price yet for this so I decided after your review to go ahead and get it already! No space for it but eventually it will get added in to the rotation.
    That’s great, I’m sure you’ll be pleased with it..., it’s definitely a lot of polystone for your money. I found a space for mine, not a permanent home but it’s nice to see it rather than keeping it in the box..., I still have a few mini-busts in their boxes & always think it’s a shame but needs must. Hopefully you’ll be able to find a gap for the Flametrooper fairly soon, his backpack is unhelpful for trying to squeeze the bust in somewhere though, it’s going to need a fair amount of room. lol
    "Look Sir, Droids"

That’s great, I’m sure you’ll be pleased with it..., it’s definitely a lot of polystone for your money. I found a space for mine, not a permanent home but it’s nice to see it rather than keeping it in the box..., I still have a few mini-busts in their boxes & always think it’s a shame but needs must. Hopefully you’ll be able to find a gap for the Flametrooper fairly soon, his backpack is unhelpful for trying to squeeze the bust in somewhere though, it’s going to need a fair amount of room. lol
    Yep, I figured as much . I also picked up the exclusive Blue Clone 1/6 statue and the Padme Snowbunny 1/6. Both were prices I couldn't say no to. Space is becoming non existent in the collection LOL. But at least with Padme I can display her with no base which helps.
    Last edited by Django; 05-17-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Yep, I figured as much . I also picked up the exclusive Blue Clone 1/6 statue and the Padme Snowbunny 1/6. Both were prices I couldn't say no to. Space is becoming non existent in the collection LOL. But at least with Padme I can display her with no base which helps.
    Both very nice statues but definitely good with regards to Padme not needing her base, they are totally unnecessary in my opinion but if I had space I guess I wouldn’t of given it much thought as the irritation of where the hell is that going to go wouldn’t of come up. lol I do miss not seeing the statues now that they are gone but space issues were beyond nonexistent for me so it had to be done, the 1:5 scale Attakus statues I sold are the ones I miss the most but mini-busts give the biggest variety of characters so it made them the keepers when considering what should go, in an ideal world I’d have kept everything as I’m sure we all would..., even with the extra space I’ve still just about filled it with things that were kept in boxes but I’m happy to see stuff that has been hidden away at least 8 years, feels like I’ve got literally dozens of new things.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Both very nice statues but definitely good with regards to Padme not needing her base, they are totally unnecessary in my opinion but if I had space I guess I wouldn’t of given it much thought as the irritation of where the hell is that going to go wouldn’t of come up. lol I do miss not seeing the statues now that they are gone but space issues were beyond nonexistent for me so it had to be done, the 1:5 scale Attakus statues I sold are the ones I miss the most but mini-busts give the biggest variety of characters so it made them the keepers when considering what should go, in an ideal world I’d have kept everything as I’m sure we all would..., even with the extra space I’ve still just about filled it with things that were kept in boxes but I’m happy to see stuff that has been hidden away at least 8 years, feels like I’ve got literally dozens of new things.
    I agree the massive bases are very annoying and unnecessary. I am glad GG corrected this however not glad they went to 1/8 scale in doing so . Also unquestionably they take up tons of space, especially the 1/5 scale. I LOVE 1/5 scale, but they are space hogs. A shame you sold off your Attakus as they are impressive statues.

I show all my collection and do agree when you can't display it you do feel like what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by LB75Player View Post
    1/6 Darth Maul statue and the Plo Koon and Grievous mini busts.
    Nice haul! All great busts. The detail on Plo Koons face & hands is a nice touch. Grievous is massive & looks awesome, albeit I wish they made him wielding all sabers
    ďThe dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins Ė but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.Ē -Yoda

I agree the massive bases are very annoying and unnecessary. I am glad GG corrected this however not glad they went to 1/8 scale in doing so . Also unquestionably they take up tons of space, especially the 1/5 scale. I LOVE 1/5 scale, but they are space hogs. A shame you sold off your Attakus as they are impressive statues.

I show all my collection and do agree when you can't display it you do feel like what's the point?
    I did debate for ages on keeping the Attakus statues & do wonder if getting cancer was my push to finally do something with my collection other than just think about it, I’ve been saying I’m going to downsize & get better display cabinets for years but it wasn’t until this year I finally sorted everything out..., the Attakus pieces were still hard to part with but once I made my mind up I just had to stick to it or I’d have kept the lot I’m sure. lol If you can get hold of more Attakus 1:5 scale statues I’d say definitely do so, the human likeness ones aren’t very good but everything else is great.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast