Thread: Snowspeeder

Snowspeeder

Hi starwars.com, are there any plans for releasing any new toys and/or replicas of the ESB Snowspeeder? thanks!

Re: Snowspeeder

I think the place you might want to ask this is in the Dear Hasbro section. Welcome to he boards!

Anything is possible but they've done three versions now, so I doubt Hasbro will do one more. The last didn't sell as well, at least I didn't think. I picked up the Rogue 2 version, I really liked it. I've had every other version (POTF, POTJ, & vintage). The snowspeeder is one of my favorite vehicles. Who knows, they might want to get back to the familiar once Clone Wars is out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by spires75
    Anything is possible but they've done three versions now, so I doubt Hasbro will do one more. The last didn't sell as well, at least I didn't think. I picked up the Rogue 2 version, I really liked it. I've had every other version (POTF, POTJ, & vintage). The snowspeeder is one of my favorite vehicles. Who knows, they might want to get back to the familiar once Clone Wars is out of the picture.
    Actually, a new, more in scalw Snow Speeder is rumored for late this year or next year.

Hopefully its true
    It's gods job to forgive Bin Laden, Its our job to arrange the meeting! USMC

I'm not directing this question to Hasbro, but rather StarWars.com...

Based on photos below, does anyone have any explanation or the history on 'why' are these variations of the Snowspeeder's wing
    with an open panel and some with closed panel? Any purpose for either when opened or closed?

*Photos are taken from Rebelscum

I would think to customize it and allow for different variations. Since there aren't any electronics to deal with or battery covers. This is also a quick and easy way to customize and add to one's collection. I think its a cool feature and allows for also pretend maintence as well as varying the look of your snowspeeders. Too bad they did not do something similar for the X wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    I would think to customize it and allow for different variations. Since there aren't any electronics to deal with or battery covers. This is also a quick and easy way to customize and add to one's collection. I think its a cool feature and allows for also pretend maintence as well as varying the look of your snowspeeders. Too bad they did not do something similar for the X wings.

Ahh.... I see.... so it's more of a display option then.