Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Han Solo a Drug Dealer?

Was Han Solo a Drug Dealer?

Was Han Solo a drug dealer? I mean, what was "SPICE" and why was he shipping it for Jabba? Is it some kind of euphemism? What made him such a 'rogue'.

Could be a silly question to some I know, but maybe some EU heads out there have some facts, or maybe some of you have ideas.
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive Vintage Podcast:
    Now in its 8th Season and 6th Year WAMPA WAMPA!!!
    (A Chewbacca Collection The Chewseum)

Re: Was Han Solo a Drug Dealer?

SPICE network? cable?
    "Why don't we just go into lightspeed?" FB: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t923491/#post15376669

Spice is a drug in the Star Wars universe. I don't know if I'd say that Solo was a drug dealer seeing that he was just shipping it from one place to the other. He was more like a drug mule.

He wasn't so much a mule as he was a straight up smuggler. Drugs, weapons, sometimes people.

Looks to me he was more of a trafficker, not a dealer. Still, a serious charge in our universe.

Anyway, whoever controls the spice controls the universe...yeah, I had to throw that in there.
    No time to answer stupid questions! - Decepticon Swindle

Here's a Wookieepedia page on Spice in the SW universe.

Leif
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kronet
    He wasn't so much a mule as he was a straight up smuggler. Drugs, weapons, sometimes people.
    Yup, he was a smuggler, plain and simple. He was good, but even he got boarded from time to time. When he dumped a spice shipment before the Empire could board the Falcon, Jabba held him accountable for his losses. That's why he was so willing to take on Obi-Wan, Luke, and the droids as passengers, "no questions asked." He needed their passage fee to pay off Jabba. Smuggling was pretty common both during the Empire period and the days of the Republic.

Smuggler entry at Wookieepedia.
    Some days, it just doesn't seem worth the effort of chewing through the restraints!

That's the thing about Han Solo. The guy was a real scumbag. That's what makes his conversion so much better. At first he was this lowlife who got dragged into this conflict and then he ends up saving the day and becomes genuinely involved.

That's why Greedo shooting first made so many people mad... because Han was a survivor and would do what he ad to to survive. Including shooting someone who intended to kill him.
    "That Mando pack is so higgledy piggledy.."
    -VintijDroidGutzz

thats right!

He was one of the mercenaries who did comeover to the good side and become a fighter of the lightside.While the bounty hunters/mercenaries followed greed and stayed helping the darkside.

Hans conversion,Landos conversion were showing that while the universe was dominated by the darkside guys like Han/Lando were actually good at heart and all it took was a "moment of clarity" to reveal their true purpose in life...help fight evil/tyranny the darkside.

Han Solo wasn't a scumbag. He was a smuggler, a space-pirate with a heart of gold; he was someone who played both sides and in order to survive, but was motivated to embrace his true inner goodness completely thanks to Luke and Leia and co.
    "Your focus determines your reality."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast