Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edit: relaxed about the collection room now!

Edit: relaxed about the collection room now!

Hey guys- a couple people here might know that I live just to the north of New Orleans, and that my house and collection room took a couple feet of water from Katrina in 2005. I only lost a couple dioramas that time, and have since rebuilt them. But tonight, they're talking about the storm surge in my area from Gustav potentially going a few feet higher than it did then! Needless to say I placed my low-lying and most *precious* dioramas as high as I could, and the BMF in the attic, but still the potential is there for some considerable damage. Wish me luck! (We'll be in another state, evacuating tomorrow).
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Re: Really worried about the diorama/collection room!

Quote Originally Posted by Daigo_Bah
    Hey guys- a couple people here might know that I live just to the north of New Orleans, and that my house and collection room took a couple feet of water from Katrina in 2005. I only lost a couple dioramas that time, and have since rebuilt them. But tonight, they're talking about the storm surge in my area from Gustav potentially going a few feet higher than it did then! Needless to say I placed my low-lying and most *precious* dioramas as high as I could, and the BMF in the attic, but still the potential is there for some considerable damage. Wish me luck! (We'll be in another state, evacuating tomorrow).
    Hopefully none of your customs or anything gets ruined.
    PSN: Roxonor

All my best wishes, DB!

Alex
    "Hi, I'm Alex from Imperial Insurance."
    "Hey... don't you work for the Endor Express?"
    "I'm a man of many talents."
    -- The penultimate installment of Yak's Pub

Good luck man. Keeping you and your family (and one-of-a-kind possessions of course) in my thoughts!
    Looking for new Cardboard Playsets? Check out my Death Star, Cloud City, and Yavin IV playsets!
    Classic Fanfic By ME--"Playing by the Rules"

Re: Really worried about the diorama/collection ro

Best of luck to you and your family, friends, and neighbors!
    Do the impossible.

Re: Really worried about the diorama/collection ro

Hey man. All the best. I live in northeast MS and there is a house for sale about a block away. I'd be glad to help you move all those toys and dios. wink wink
    Don't become dependent on others for your own happiness.

<font color="brown">You Just need to send your Dio's to me for safe keeping.

The Ol' Sandcrawler is 500 miles+ north of you and even though were suppose to be gett'n rain wed and thur from the remnants of Gustav were well above the Scenic Meramec river.

This Crawler don't flood.

I'll send them back... Someday !!</font>
    The New Sandcrawler Workshop

hopin for the best for you and your family!
    I am thankful for all of the hard work for this great star wars website!

Having been through several hurricanes myself, I can sympathize. You and everyone over there are in my thoughts and prayers. I remember looking at my in progress Mustafar diorama in 2005 as Dennis was moving in and preparing myself to say goodbye. Luckily, that storm's impact was minimal. However, having close family lose their homes during Katrina made the possibility of loss seem more real. It also put everything in perspective. Please post when all is said and done.
    "Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!"

YakFace Forums

Thanks you guys! Prof, I'm a neighbor to you right now, since we stayed in a family friend's condo in Destin! Funny enough, there were tornado warnings here this morning, and supposedly a couple touchdowns nearby. We're planning on heading back tomorrow (assuming the roads are open) because my wife has to get back to her job. Power's out across the area, and I don't yet know if my house got any water (someone who stayed checked it out midday and it hadn't flooded yet, but surges tend to come in late). I'll get back to you guys tomorrow or the next day and let you know how it went. Thanks again!
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast