Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: StarWars Radio Dramas

In a way, the radio dramas addressed some of the ruminations I developed as I got older, namely with Luke training with Biggs in a fighter simulator just before the Death Star raid to give Luke a feel for an X-wing. Others were fillers such as the disturbing torture scene of Leia in her cell while Vader talks through it. I felt they gave a certain level of completeness to the films.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

i used to have them on cassette but lost/tossed them a long time ago. i remember they were terrific and listened to them many times.
    My Feedback
    Darth Maul is my father

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    been listening to the Radio Dramas all this week while driving back and forth to work, while on lunch and cleaning etc... I actually have all the dialogue memorized from playing them over and over again and a thought occurred to me... I want more Radio Dramas..

so far I have in this order on my Van's Harddrive:

Star Wars Dark Forces - Solider for the Empire
    Star Wars - The Radio Drama
    Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back - The Radio Drama
    Star Wars - Return of the Jedi - The Radio Drama
    Star Wars - The Dark Empire Saga
    Star Wars Dark Forces - Rebel Agent
    Star Wars Dark Forces - Jedi Knight
    Star Wars Crimson Empire
    You are missing Tales of the Jedi & Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    After they did ESB, funding was pulled by the government for NPR. ROTJ was then made in 1993, I think. By that point, Hamill was too expensive or unavailable.

Yes, by 1993 he was doing Batman: The Animated Series and all sorts of voice work. His career was actually in a bit of a resurgence at that point and he was doing a lot of stuff outside of Star Wars.

Anthony Daniels is in it, however, making him the only actor to be in every single movie as well as thee three radio drama adaptions.

I think Anthony's the only C-3PO ever in any format. I was listening to him sing in the Xmas in the Stars CD over the holidays, what a hoot that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediRaver View Post
    Yes, by 1993 he was doing Batman: The Animated Series and all sorts of voice work. His career was actually in a bit of a resurgence at that point and he was doing a lot of stuff outside of Star Wars.

Anthony Daniels is in it, however, making him the only actor to be in every single movie as well as thee three radio drama adaptions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345