Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: StarWars Radio Dramas

I love all the little extra tidbits you can glean from this like in the Cantina when Ben gives Han that look after he mentions the Kessel Run it's not because he doesn't believe him but because he realizes he's a pirate.

There were a lot of fun things in it.
    I especially like the "I have no idea we're related" vibe. Sure, George had it all planned out from the start!

I blew through ESB today while working on my models. There wasn't really all that much different, although I enjoyed the extended 2-1B lines.
    I'm sad Mark won't be in the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    There were a lot of fun things in it.
    I especially like the "I have no idea we're related" vibe. Sure, George had it all planned out from the start!

I blew through ESB today while working on my models. There wasn't really all that much different, although I enjoyed the extended 2-1B lines.
    I'm sad Mark won't be in the next one.
    Any idea why Hamill passed on it?

No idea. Perhaps he was worried of being typecast or maybe he had a new child to take care of then.

After they did ESB, funding was pulled by the government for NPR. ROTJ was then made in 1993, I think. By that point, Hamill was too expensive or unavailable.
    Last edited by Trooper31; 04-28-2017 at 06:47 AM.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" SA/TBS line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    After they did ESB, funding was pulled by the government for NPR. ROTJ was then made in 1993, I think. By that point, Hamill was too expensive or unavailable.
    Thank you.

I've heard it said that Mark wanted to distance himself from Luke at that point so he wouldn't be type-cast.

been listening to the Radio Dramas all this week while driving back and forth to work, while on lunch and cleaning etc... I actually have all the dialogue memorized from playing them over and over again and a thought occurred to me... I want more Radio Dramas..

so far I have in this order on my Van's Harddrive:

Star Wars Dark Forces - Solider for the Empire
    Star Wars - The Radio Drama
    Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back - The Radio Drama
    Star Wars - Return of the Jedi - The Radio Drama
    Star Wars - The Dark Empire Saga
    Star Wars Dark Forces - Rebel Agent
    Star Wars Dark Forces - Jedi Knight
    Star Wars Crimson Empire

I'd love to get some new ones like a radio drama of Rogue One, The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi etc. These radio dramas can sorta fill the gaps with all the deleted scenes etc from the movie and add new insights to the characters backstories. I actually love all the extra dialogue from the original radio dramas... Luke's life on Tatoonie, the destruction of Renegade Squadron near Derra IV, Luke building his new lightsaber on Tatoonie and the conversation between the Emperor and Vader. if they did this with RO, TFA and TLJ I wonder what new dialogue/scenes they could give us? maybe a kinda backstory a bit on Kylo Ren as told by Leia, more on Luke's disappearance told by Han? maybe some more backstory on Rey and Unkar Plutt?
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

was just listening to Episode 2 of the SW Radio Drama (Points of Origin) and Bail Organa mentions to Leia that he has received word of the rebels first space battle victory where they captured the plans for the Death Star and that the rebels wanted Bail to travel to their world of Toprowa to transmit the plans. sadly now with RO being canon the battle from Troprowa is now the battle at Scariff. it's a nice nod from RO to the radio dramas.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

It's been a long time since i listened to these, but i remember them being very entertaining and excellent quality.

TFA and RO would be excellent as the producers could add content.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast