Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMF, Custom Falcon!!! UPDATED 7/08/09

BMF, Custom Falcon!!! UPDATED 7/08/09

Thanks for your patience while I worked on this dog; I've gotten a lot of pms and emails about it just from the previews I've posted. Thanks! that kept me working!

So, without further wait-the BMF>

The process is a combination of dry-brushing and what I call "wet-wiping." The drybrushing is a mix of black mixed with tan/brown for a lighter black that is oily looking. I do have a techique you might see running down from the ESB turret, that allows the thicker paint to look black and thinner areas to look brown, like real life dirty oil. But it's secret...

The wet-wiping is of a color darker but the same as the hull, painted heavily on everything with greeblies and then wiped off while still wet for a leaky look. For some applications I will wait for it to dry before brushing it off for a dusty look. The most important thing is to come up with a back story of what it does and when is the last time it's been cleaned.
    For a greater ANH vibe, I wet-wiped the cracks and crevises with a sand color before going back over with the oil and carbon scoring. The paint was all acrylic, although it is good quality acrylic that is much thicker than the cheap bottles at Walmart. I can't say enough how much better the thick stuff is, in terms of application, durability and over all looks.

Next up, interior...
    Check out my UPDATED Star Wars Art Gallery

Re: BMF, the Falcon YOU\'VE been waiting for!

Interior! I didn't do much in here...mainly dirtied up the joint and detailed buttons and lights. The biggest modification I made was the floor of the main corridor. The glittery blue had to go. I taped her up and spray painted the floor and cockpit flat black. Then I did a sandy wash over the floor to lighten it up, add some depth and just make it look high-traffic.

I know you guys love dioramas, so I opened up some things I've been meaning to keep mint. Meet the crew...

needless to say, this thing is a lot of fun. If I were a kid I'd love it to death. As an adult, I just enjoy tinkering with it and painting it. It has been so enjoyable I'm sorry to say I'm done.

Simply AMAZING.

I can see several guys taking a glance at their newly bought BMF, and feeling reeeeeeeeally doooooooown...

I can picture the jaw dropped faces at hasbro also, and the designer of the plastic version feeling sick of envy...

You just created a piece of art. This has to be featured top page in every SW site (unfortunately it may not happen in some as they have to pay tribute to big H...)

Short of words here, man, this is too much to describe!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Cramer you are my hero! If I could afford one i would send it to you! You blew my mind!
    My band has a couple check it out
    www.myspace.com/everynight occurrence

Now THAT is a "piece of junk!" Awesome weathering job!

You've inspired me to tackle my own.

Any plans to replace the sticker components with built ones?
    Who's scruffy lookin'?

Cramer, I bow before your greatness! Well done, man!

Looks Great!!!

Killer work!

Well you just successfully rocked my world.
    "I like that wookie."

My trade feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1015111/

NICE!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast