Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: colgate rotj promotions

colgate rotj promotions

I have just received the new star wars book by steve stansweet (The "Star Wars" Vault: Thirty Years of Treasures from the Lucasfilm Archives) and its amazing, i was especially interested in the ROTJ colgate toothpaste promotion that came with a free figure, do any collectors out there have any examples to show, its says in the book that seventy figures were available like this.

would like to know how different figures examples survived

Re: colgate rotj promotions

these are the rarest of the rare! even in spain! known are bib fortuna, 8d8 and biker scout. no others turned up. i'd be set to pay far over 1k for a nice example.

these have been discussed in the vintage section several times.

-andy
    WTB: Spanish PBP Retorno del Jedi Luke Jedi, Boba Fett and Luke X-Wing. Paying top prices. Any condition!

Pics of this rare item can be found here .

It seeems these toothpaste boxes were not sealed, so any loose figure could be placed inside.

Would be great if anyone can provide more photo material about these items.
    9 holy grails in a row

Looking for Imperial Commander stuff

Cool pictures Lafos, really enjoy looking at your page!

Biker scout and 8D8 have been mentioned on this page as possible known figures? The back of the pack picture that Lafos has provided us with shows a set of figures that does not include 8D8 or the Biker Scout figures.

Is this a complete list? Or perhaps one set of ROTJ figures only?

Really interesting item, I can only imagine there must be some undiscovered supply out in Spain somewhere in an old warehouse!
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

As mentioned in the previous thread, nobody knows where the pic of the Biker Scout came from. The Bib from Steve's collection is the one pictured anyplace where one of these is shown aside from the Scout in the Tomart's book. This is the first I've heard of an 8D8 but without seeing a pic it's only a rumor IMO.

Sadly, there is no list but with only pics of 2 known it's not really possible at this point.

John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

Thats a shame nothing else has turned up for the 8D8 lol

The words on the back are something like:
    Collect Your Empire
    A Different figure in every pack!

And on the right, Colgate helps you collect them all?

Also and interestingly, it mentions that you get a free figure per pack and there is SEVENTY to collect?
    Possible reference to the whole line or maybe even to the promotion with colgate? It's probably more likey to have been only a select few right?
    Cool stuff really like this!

As mentioned before, the boxes werenŽt sealed, so if a Colgate box will pop up in the future for sale, IŽll bet a Boba Fett is inside.
    9 holy grails in a row

Looking for Imperial Commander stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA
    This is the first I've heard of an 8D8 but without seeing a pic it's only a rumor IMO.
    John
    here is a small pic from an old publication, so it is not only a rumor. this one has been known for years. i will not mention name or # of this issue due to copyright reasons.

Image removed

Quote Originally Posted by Lafos
    As mentioned before, the boxes werenŽt sealed, so if a Colgate box will pop up in the future for sale, IŽll bet a Boba Fett is inside.
    all pictures that i have seen so far of a colgate boxed figure clearly show that these were sealed.

-andy

edited to remove the pic
    WTB: Spanish PBP Retorno del Jedi Luke Jedi, Boba Fett and Luke X-Wing. Paying top prices. Any condition!

Hey Andy, Great Pics thanks for those! Any idea on the number of figures released in this promo? Or was it just random from the whole line, or just rotj featured figures?

Great pic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast