Thread: Super 7 - Masters Of The Universe Ultimate Figures (2017)

Super 7 - Masters Of The Universe Ultimate Figures (2017)

The pre-orders for the Super7's new Masters of the Universe Classics Ultimate Editions opens this Wed 16th Nov.
    Closure for the EU - Release The Sword of the Jedi Trilogy

Super 7 - Masters Of The Universe Ultimate Figures (2017)

Since a new company has taken over the reigns we can start up a new thread to discuss the new lien.

Super7 has now offered up the first details on its plans for the Masters of the Universe toy line. Super7 has taken up the reigns left by Mattel when it comes to He-Man, and will be kicking things off next week with the launch of its Ultimate line.

Based on the original Masters of the Universe Classics released through Mattel over the past few years, Super7’s upcoming line doesn’t offer much new. However, it does offer characters like He-Man, Skeletor and Teela again for fans who may have missed to boat earlier. And this time, they come with almost every accessory you could imagine.

For those of you that have been collecting the Masters of the Universe figures, you won’t find much new or different here. These figures are actually the same that were already made available, only now they’re repurposed as “ultimate” editions with all the bells and whistles. These figures haven’t been available for some time however, and re-releases like this are a good sight for fans hoping they won’t have to pay outrageous sums to build their MOTU collections.

Super7 taking charge on these figures means there are plenty more to come, including those that may not have seen the light of day in a wider release in the past. Starting everyone off with a fairly solid wave of heavy hitter fan-favorites makes total sense though. Are the molds a tiny bit outdated by today’s standards? Perhaps. They’re still some terrifically detailed figures though, and ones that offer you a slight hint of customizability with all those alternate heads and weapons.

No pricing details have been made available, but the figures will go up for pre-order on Nov. 16 on Super7’s website. They are expected to start shipping in early 2017. There are also no hints on to what the edition sizes may be for these, so if you’re looking on getting some champions of Eternia in your collection, you still might want to act sooner than later.

Click to enlarge.

These are currently up at BBTS for preorder, anyone going to pick these up or start the Super 7 line of MOTU figures?

I'll definitely be getting the new MOTUC figures from Super7 that are being announced next month and am really looking forward to them, but I'm torn with these Ultimate Editions of previous figure as I already have the original edition so I'm only really interested in the previously unreleased blonde hair-up Teela head and the vintage toy Faker head. They say they are going to reveal the packaging next week which could swing it for me if it's some sort of resealable window box. I'm tempted to get them anyway with them being a limited made to order run I could always sell them on minus the two heads at a later date and at least get my money back.

First wave of Super 7's - Masters of the Universe Classics line (that they are taking over from Mattel) has been revealed.

Lodar was kinda a given I think. He looks great and really glad to finally get him. I wonder how the chains are going to work and if they’ll be able to clip around another figure wrists.
    Hawke was also not so much of a surprise. I personally would have preferred Kittrina first but Hawke wasn’t far behind on my list. She looks great and glad she comes with two heads to make both characters.
    Quakke was a surprise! I was really expecting Lizzor to be the next Space Mutant. He looks amazing! But wish he came with a second head based on the Jetlag cartoon version. Great to see more NA, I step closer to completing the vintage NA line up!
    Fangor, now this one was also a surprise and the only one I’m not that fussed about THB. Having said that he does look good, I prefer the head with the smaller fangs as I’ve always thought the longer fangs are too walrus like, and he’s certainly one of the better of the new characters from the new MOTUC mini-comics, so it could have be worse. I personally would have preferred them to do more of the demanded existing characters first before getting to the new characters created for the new MOTUC mini-comics. I also think a 200x character in this slot, like King Miro, would have been better balanced, that way we would have gotten 1 NA, 1 Filmation, 1 200x and 1 other media, instead of getting 2 other media. But as long as we get 1 NA per wave I be happy

http://super7hq.com/news/new-masters-of-the-universe-classics-figures-revealed

Last edited by 13977; 01-26-2017 at 07:04 AM.

One word: Karg.

Last edited by Kooshmeister; 08-17-2017 at 01:37 AM.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: General Veers & Death Star Gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    One word: Karg.
    and we've waited so very long!
    I'm really pleased with this wave. Karg, Dylamug and Horde Mummy are all great. I'm not so fussed about Granita (who they announce but not show yet), I would have preferred a NA character in this slot. Thats the one thing I am disappointed in as I was hoping for one NA figure per wave.

A solid wave definitely, hopefully we get to see Granita at Power Con this weekend. Karg has been a long time coming.

I recently got the Ultimates figures and they are great, let's hope Super 7 releases more of these types of figures on the vintage cardback. The art is awesome.

Pre-orders for these are now open on the Super7 site.

All new figures will be on the same cardback that Mattel used for the classics
    Trade Feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t919503/

Looking for any type of Snaggletooth prototypes- New or vintage!!!