Thread: Starblazers/Starship Yamato Replicas?

Starblazers/Starship Yamato Replicas?

Can someone recommend a replica of the Yamato/Argo that is at least 12 inches in length? I have been a fan of the series since I have been a little kid, and I have since wanted a detailed replica for my desk at work. Thanks.

Mark
    The California Vintage Star Wars Collectors Club
    Power Of The Force Coins Facebook Group
    "Mark Huber: One of the nicest human beings in this whole hobby..." - Skye Paine, Jan. 2015

Re: Starblazers/Starship Yamato Replicas?

Well...if you've got a very BIG desk, check out Bandai's 1/350 scale version. That thing is sic!!!
    "Your focus determines your reality."

I am also a long time fan of Starblazers. Used to watch it after school back around '78 and love it to this day. Anyway, I fulfilled my long time dream of having an Argo/Yamato when I got the Bandai 1/500 scale model. It's about the size you are looking for and is one sweet piece:

It has cool "working" turrets, where the individual gun barrels raise and lower when you rotate the turret, just like on the show:

It even comes with tiny little fighters:

Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Man I remember coming home from school back in 1979 and sitting and watching the crew of the Argo(Yamato) Battle the Gamilons and the Comet Empire. That mobel is very cool looking.

Yeah, I really love it...one of my favorite pieces in my collection. There are a lot of other nice versions out there, but they are all pretty pricey. I also have an Argo/Yamato that is about 4" long that I got with the Blu-Ray for live action Yamato movie, but I haven't put it together yet.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

I used to have a model of the ship, but it was lost at some point in time.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback