PDA

View Full Version : So Who Went To C4 & CE & Which Was Better??

MARTI
07-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Just wondering who attended both and in your opinion which one was better?? Really curious on this topic.

Obi_Phantom_Jedi
07-20-2007, 03:12 AM
I actually thought CE was better this time out. I've been to CIII, IV & CE and although CIII was the best, CE ran a close second.

karnorjax
07-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Ive done c3 and CE and many other smaller conventions etc.

CE wins for me. had so mouch more too see !

SteveSith
07-20-2007, 12:29 PM
CE was better than CIV in atmosphere but in terms of basic things like telling people whats going on and where, communication and administration, CIV wins. Although CIII was the best of all.

One thing that struck me was that CE did not take advantage of its UK setting and have more rare UK based signers.

threedarths
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I have done C3 C4 and now CE and have to say that CE won hands down. I agree with the various points about the staff actually knowing where things were happening and at what time. But remember this was the first attempt at a show here in Europe. The USA have had four attempts and still have problems with their show.

But all in all, a great first attempt. Roll on CE2 wherever it shall be!!

Dean_C
07-20-2007, 03:18 PM
hey guys,

for me its all about my friends who i attend these things with, so they make each and every one special for me.

Ive loved every minute of all three that ive been to, i hope go to ALL of the ones they ever do!!

Dean.

HydroSpanner
07-20-2007, 03:41 PM
This is a great topic!
Could you guys who went to both CIV and CE give examples/descriptions as to why the "atmosphere" was better. I suppose you are not just talking about the smog either http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Also, How did the dealer hall's compare?

MARTI
07-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Yes I was just about to ask that same question!!

Jeremy
07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
CE was better than CIV in atmosphere but in terms of basic things like telling people whats going on and where, communication and administration, CIV wins.

The simple reason for this is because GenCon staff used the Rebelscum C4 printable schedules.

We produced these for CE and released them a week before the event, just like we did for C4.

Jeremy

007china
08-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I went C3, C4 & CE. For me C3 was the best. CE would be next in front of C4. The displays & atmosphere were much more welcoming.

Dustin

SteveSith
08-10-2007, 04:44 AM
CE was better than CIV in atmosphere but in terms of basic things like telling people whats going on and where, communication and administration, CIV wins.

The simple reason for this is because GenCon staff used the Rebelscum C4 printable schedules.

We produced these for CE and released them a week before the event, just like we did for C4.

Jeremy

These schedules were not readily available. At C4 there were booths on every corner with stacks of them, both inside and outside the event. At CE I saw 2 stacks by the ticket collection desks and the signage could have been better to tell passing people what they were, they should also have been at the information desk (the one selling the brochure for 6!) because once you got inside there were none visible. The guy at the information desk had no idea of the schedules existence and I had to help him when someone next to me asked for something as basic as a timetable. That is just poor comunication from management downwards.
Also at C4 there were huge signs with large letters and arrows telling you specifically where everything was. I didnt see anything like this at CE and many visitors reported the severe lack of communication.
Still waiting for an explanation from the CE management promised in another thread.

amdevil
08-10-2007, 11:41 AM
i went to C2, C3, C4 and CE and i would have to agree that C2 and C3 were the best. i would say that C4 and CE were different more then "better".

DLoSith
08-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I've attended CIII, CIV, CE and umpteen Star Wars Weekends at Disney. Each event was different but I think I would have to say that CIII was my favorite.

Between CIV and CE, it's a really tough call between the events were very different, despite being made up of much of the same content. Culturally, CE was more fullfilling but as far as sheer grandure, CIV wins simply due to the fact that the LA Convention Center is a superior venue.