PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a ticket from play.com problem.

Microgynon
07-09-2007, 11:50 AM
I bought my one day ticket off of Play.com earlier today. It said in the item description that when you pay for your ticket you can choose which day you wish to attend and then print off the order confirmation to take with you on the day.

Well, I went through the checkout procedure, there was no option to select which day I wanted to attend and now my order says it's packing. I received an order confirmation email which says my order will be sent off to be processed, but still no option to choose my day and no information on which email or order confirmation I need to print to take with me. I'm unable to send a message to the helpdesk as my order hasn't been despatched and can't get through on the phone.

Anyone else had this problem?

Lez
07-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Play's phone answering is usually pretty good, using the following number: 0845 800 1020

There e-mail address is: customercare@play.com if that's of any help

GMan75
07-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Not sure if this will be any use to you, but thought I would post in this section about my play.com order.

I had a slightly different problem. My girlfriend put two 3 day passes on her credit card and I was worried how I was going to prove that she ordered them for me as she is not coming with me. The order shows up as packing.

I got her to phone up this evening about 5:45PM and they told her that tomorrow they will be sending a unique order number to her email address. She was told to print it off and that I would then be able to show the email at the box office and get the tickets.

smegsaber
07-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I went through the exact same thing- although I ordered my tickets yesterday. Talk about a case of the anxious sweats! Having called them, the basic situation is that play.com was still awaiting instructions from the organisers of Celebration Europe. They assume that in the next 24 hours they will be sending out emails detailing how one can then select the day they will be attending (and hopefully just reiterate how we get our grubby little hands on them). I was hoping that we would be able to pick up the tickets at the 'will call', but it looks like those hopes have now been dashed (itíll be an early morning wakeup instead). I guess itís just a sleepless night ahead (although I am quietly confident that everything will work out OK). But if anyone else in this very situation gets any further word- then by all means- tell us about it! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeremy
07-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Play's phone answering is usually pretty good, using the following number: 0845 800 1020

There e-mail address is: customercare@play.com if that's of any help

Quite right. You'll find your answer by getting in touch with Play.com, not posting here. It is too close to the event to hang on waiting for an answer from one of the other forum members.

Jeremy

redxavier
07-09-2007, 01:37 PM
You know... he did write this:

I'm unable to send a message to the helpdesk as my order hasn't been despatched and can't get through on the phone.

But yeah, what GMan75 said. They will be emailing registration numbers out to those who have ordered tickets from them. You are then to go to the celebration website and register under the day that you want to attend - once that's done you can pick up the ticket on the day (presumably from the dedicated Play.com booth but probably just the regular one).

Note, you must have registered for the day before you turn up at Excel.

Jeremy
07-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm unable to send a message to the helpdesk as my order hasn't been despatched and can't get through on the phone.

I did see this. I wanted to point out that Play.com would be the best place to go - even if it meant staying on the phone for an hour.

Jeremy

Microgynon
07-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I just posted here to see if anyone else had the same problem. I wasn't looking for an answer just thought I'd post it as a point of discussion. Needless to say I'll be on the phone to them again as soon as I can.

Thanks to everyone apart from Jeremy for your help.

Jeez I get the impression the mods on this forum don't like anyone posting. If they're not trying to sell you stuff via private messages they've got stroppy comments to make.

I won't bother posting again then everyone is happy.

smegsaber
07-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Well, I had the same problem. Like I said, I've called play.com, and it seems to be a waiting game (on their end as well). If anyone happens to get more information on this matter- it'd be much appreciated.

smegsaber
07-10-2007, 03:23 AM
Having spoken with play.com again today, they've informed me that 'general' tickets are being posted in the mail, and a confirmation email should be forthcoming. Apparently you turn up to whatever day you want, go to the play.com booth with your general tickets, a printout of your email and photo ID. Not too sure if you then recieve a similar pass to those who purchased tickets through the official site or something else altogether. If someone else has called play.com today, I'd be interested to hear what they had to say to you. Here's to waiting *fingers crossed*

smegsaber
07-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Here is a copy of an email just recieved (do these guys have any idea of what is going on?). I assume it means that if you bought your tickets through play.com, you can turn up on any day of the convention:

Dear Customer,

You will not be receiving the ticket through the post.

You need to arrive at the PLAY.COM ticket booth from 7am onwards at the event.

Excel, London. The Event starts at 10am.

You will need to take photo identification and the unique order reference number.

Your unique order reference number is XXXXXXXXX.

You will be fast tracked into the event using your ticket from the ticket booth.

Kind Regards,

PLAY.COM

CE_Organiser
07-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Hi Everyone

Tickets from Play.com are not day specific. Therefore please take a print out of your booking confirmation to the ticket collection desk on the day you wish to attend. You will then be given a one day ticket. Your booking code has a unique reference number which will only work once.

I hope this clears it up for you, if you have any other questions please go to the CE: Q&[censored] thread and I will try to answer them.

Thanks

Microgynon
07-10-2007, 07:43 AM
I spoke to Play.com earlier. They told me the organisers will be emailing me the information and nothing will be sent in the post. I mentioned that the information on the website is misleading and they said 'they're looking in to changing it'. It really does seem to be a case of the right hand not telling the left hand what its doing. I've got my play.com receipt for the order with my address on it so I can always take that presumably.