PDA

View Full Version : Luke & Han Stormtrooper Bust-Ups

BlueSnaggletooth
05-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Did anyone score these at CIV? I got a set and they are pretty cool.

Also, FYI - there is a VARIANT out there - Battle Damaged Armor version.

-Snags

K_M_Toydarian
05-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Was shot down all 3 days I went. I really didn't think after less than 4 hours they would be sold out Thursday. I couldn't go in the mornings so I got screwed because of the allotment for the day limit.
I also had no ambition to stand in line for hours for a bust up.

MaxWedge
05-31-2007, 03:37 PM
I landed two sets, no variants.

I think it's ABSURD GG could sell out of a bust-up con exclusive! There is no edition size on this item, so why the hell not bring 5000 or so to the first con of the season. This is a first class screw-up on the part of GG.

They must have only brought a few hundred to CIV. In previous years, the con exclusive bustup was plentiful.

K_M_Toydarian
05-31-2007, 06:28 PM
I landed two sets, no variants.

I think it's ABSURD GG could sell out of a bust-up con exclusive! There is no edition size on this item, so why the hell not bring 5000 or so to the first con of the season. This is a first class screw-up on the part of GG.

They must have only brought a few hundred to CIV. In previous years, the con exclusive bustup was plentiful.

Actually, I was told there was an edition size by one of the girls. I was a little miffed and trying to get her to understand my aggravation (which she didn't seem too concerned with) so I can't remember the number she said. I think it was 2500, or (5000). Either way, she said that was for all 5 conventions! So take away 100 for preorders, that leaves 400 per show, less than 100 per day (5 days) if it was 2500.
That is absurd, as this should have a least been a "consolation prize" purchase if you couldn't get any of the other exclusives.

Shivannd
06-01-2007, 08:22 AM
I was able to obtain the Luke/Han in stormtrooper disguise Bustup at CIV. The box is not in great shape only because that is the way I got it from Gentle Giant and I opened the box to make sure the figs inside were intact, which they are and are still sealed in plastic. I am not sure which version I got since I picked them up on Monday. I really dont want it now and am willing to part with it for cost which would be about $11 ($10 from the show plus tax) if anyone is interested please email me at jsweb3@comcast.net
First one through gets it. I can mail it to anywhere in the US at buyers expense or if you are in the Richmond, Virginia area we can arrange to meet somewhere. Thanks

CapTypho
06-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Also, FYI - there is a VARIANT out there - Battle Damaged Armor version.

-Snags

This really sucks! Anyone out there have the damaged version they could take a pic of?! Or even better have one for sale http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shivannd
06-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Got an email for them....not avail anymore

Boba162
06-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Got 'em at C4. No variant, though.

jediriccan
06-24-2007, 05:18 PM
I got the reg set from a friend who went to C4. I never have the luck to get bust-up variants....

IAN1138
07-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Going to buy them tomorrow at Forbidden Planet in London, never new there was a variant, knowing my luck it will be the normal ones.

Smatt4u
07-14-2007, 04:48 PM
I bought one set at the forbidden planet event and this is what i got...The Battle Damaged version WOO HOO how lucky.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/smatt4u/DirtyGG.jpg

RogueSolo
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Missed out on these at CIV, couldn't get them for the SDCC pre-order, so I'm really hoping to snag these at comic con. If I don't I'm going to be real annoyed.

MaxWedge
07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Missed out on these at CIV, couldn't get them for the SDCC pre-order, so I'm really hoping to snag these at comic con. If I don't I'm going to be real annoyed.

Good luck. At CIV I couldn't pre-order them (checkout problems!) so I hoped to get them at the booth. Each day I lined up early, ran to the booth and they would sell out as fast as the Yoda/R2 maquette. The only way I got them was on Sunday I got to go to the front of the line thanks to my fan club breakfast ticket.

Seriously, how limited is the run of this bustup that they are only putting up a hundred for preorder and only selling 100 or so a day at the cons?

BlueSnaggletooth
07-18-2007, 04:39 PM

Good luck. At CIV I couldn't pre-order them (checkout problems!) so I hoped to get them at the booth. Each day I lined up early, ran to the booth and they would sell out as fast as the Yoda/R2 maquette. The only way I got them was on Sunday I got to go to the front of the line thanks to my fan club breakfast ticket.

Seriously, how limited is the run of this bustup that they are only putting up a hundred for preorder and only selling 100 or so a day at the cons?

I think they're the same edition size as the Yoda/Artoo maquette - 2500 pieces.

Managed to score a set at CIV (regular version), still looking for the "battle-damaged" version. I pre-ordered two more sets for SDCC hoping to get a variant. If I don't get a variant, I'll hook someone here up with the regular version for cost + shipping....

-Snags

RogueSolo
07-19-2007, 01:07 AM

I think they're the same edition size as the Yoda/Artoo maquette - 2500 pieces.

Managed to score a set at CIV (regular version), still looking for the "battle-damaged" version. I pre-ordered two more sets for SDCC hoping to get a variant. If I don't get a variant, I'll hook someone here up with the regular version for cost + shipping....

-Snags

I'll volunteer to take those pesky things off your hands if i can't find any http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

K_M_Toydarian
09-22-2007, 01:20 AM
Just goy this email from GG...
This is just a quick email to let you know Luke and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise Bust-Up 2-pack is currently in stock and available for purchase at GentleGiantLtd.com.

You received this email because your wishlist contained Luke and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise Bust-Up 2-pack and "Inventory Monitoring" was enabled.

But when I got it about an hour or so after being sent, they are no where to be found. My wishlist does show them and says In Stock, but the link doesn't work.
I guess they sold out quick!

Winstelz
09-22-2007, 10:52 AM
well i won the raffle of these from GG.

MaxWedge
09-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Just goy this email from GG...
This is just a quick email to let you know Luke and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise Bust-Up 2-pack is currently in stock and available for purchase at GentleGiantLtd.com.

You received this email because your wishlist contained Luke and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise Bust-Up 2-pack and "Inventory Monitoring" was enabled.

But when I got it about an hour or so after being sent, they are no where to be found. My wishlist does show them and says In Stock, but the link doesn't work.
I guess they sold out quick!

I think this is a known glitch with GG's website after a raffle is executed. Go back and look if it's still in your wishlist. If not, that yeah, that's the glitch that many others have seen.

K_M_Toydarian
09-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Ah, didn't know they had a raffle. I imagine that was for the premium guild (not me).
No biggie, I got one from SDCC, the variant at that, but when it came up I thought maybe I'd try to get a regular set too.
Saves me some money.

aljf
09-25-2007, 10:33 AM
I picked up a "battle-damaged" version on Ebay for 20 bucks !! going to pick up the req set now.

aljf http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif