PDA

View Full Version : CE Collector's Panels

Dadioche
05-18-2007, 04:52 AM
Hello,

Will there be something like the C IV Collector's Panels at CE ? And what about the Collector's Panels Medallions ?

BradP
05-18-2007, 07:48 AM
yes there will be collecting panels. as for the medallions I am not sure but would guess no. htey only made a small amount and those things will be like gold at C4...better yet..platinum..

SirTristram
05-18-2007, 03:57 PM
How do the Collector's Panels work? A bunch of people sitting around talking? To whom? Who are the collectors that are on the panel and how are they selected? Is it well known collectors or soemthing?

BradP
05-18-2007, 05:56 PM
a series of experts have put together presentations with powerpoint or somesuch. They are at scheduled times so you can choose which ones you want to go to. Theya re quite informative and well worth the ones you want to go to.

JohnA
05-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Hello,

Will there be something like the C IV Collector's Panels at CE ?

Yes, Gus will also be putting together the panels for CE. He's working on them but with C4 only days away I don't anticipate much being done until it is over.

And what about the Collector's Panels Medallions ?

They are exclusive to C4 in LA and will not be given away at CE.

John

JohnA
05-18-2007, 07:47 PM
How do the Collector's Panels work? A bunch of people sitting around talking?

[/QUOTE]

No, a panelist or a team of panelists basically present information. Picture a verbal article or book accompanied by Powerpoint slides and possibly items on display.

To whom?

Whomever shows up. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Who are the collectors that are on the panel and how are they selected? Is it well known collectors or soemthing?

They may or may not be well-known but panelists are chosen by Gus Lopez based on their level of expertise in a certain field. For example, I'm heading up a unlicensed toy panel at C4 with the help of Joseph Ygelsias and Ron Salvatore. Also, Gus has done panels on cereal boxes, Todd Chamberlain has done panels on store displays, etc. They are well-worth sitting through.

John

Nick_Macarty
05-19-2007, 06:21 AM
How do the Collector's Panels work? A bunch of people sitting around talking?

No, a panelist or a team of panelists basically present information. Picture a verbal article or book accompanied by Powerpoint slides and possibly items on display.

John

[/QUOTE]

So completely different to fence panels then ? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Nick

BradP
05-19-2007, 08:34 AM
they are definitely worth sitting through. if you find any of that stuff interesting it is a good way to make contacts and to learn about what is out there.

Dadioche
05-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks a lot, John, for your precisions.
Surely, watching theses panels will be very interesting ! I'm impatient to see them.

Adam_Burges
05-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah I cant wait for these, especially hearing some of the stuff being said, sounds fantastic!