PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Europe & Cards Inc

DarthQuiche
05-16-2007, 12:28 PM
With the licensing news that Master Replicas (Part of Corgi - as is Cards Inc)is parting with Lucasfilm in 2008 is it likely that the fall out between the companies will impact the level of support Lucas gives to celebration europe? Reassurance please!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lee_c00per
05-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't think so. Cards Inc seem to point out when i email them that Lucasfilm is heavily supporting and pushing for CE. I doubt either Lucasfilm or Masterreplica would want their parting ways to affect the fans and the shows they put on

mattman81
05-17-2007, 05:44 AM
CE is essientially a big PR event for Lucasfilm as much as anything else, so I don't think they will try to hinder it as they'd have too much to loose.

It is a shame MR will no longer make Star Wars products post 2008, but with the Corgi take-over that was always on the cards.

BigDumbWookiee
05-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I was curious about this too. Keep in mind, that it's not Master Replicas saying they're discontinuing the license, but Corgi Intnl. MR is just a brand of Corgi now, just as Cards Inc. With MR pulling out of CIV completely, it wouldn't be a huge shock to see CardsInc pull out of CE. But if it happened, I have my doubts CE would go down the drain, LFL would probably pick it up independently.

Lee_c00per
05-17-2007, 12:02 PM
No way would that happen. Cards Inc are i charge of CE and it seems it's going to stay that way although i wouldn't be surprised if they got someone else to organise it if they ever decided to do another CE

Fletch
05-18-2007, 05:30 AM
although i doubt that MR news will force Cards Inc to pull the plug on CE.. there is a definite concern that the consequences of Corgi fallout with LFL could affect CE detrimentally.

we have already seen MR pull out of C4 and exclusives lost - and thats with a timescale of under a fortnight. Corgi could definitly influence Cards Inc into offering a smaller show, not pushing so hard to get guests or exhibits etc - if nothing more purely as a negotiating technique to force pressure on LFL - who have the most to lose from a poor CE.

personally i cant see CE being cancelled - but i am concerned about any knock-on effects from Corgis news on the shape of the CE event...

BigDumbWookiee
05-18-2007, 06:55 AM
although i doubt that MR news will force Cards Inc to pull the plug on CE.. there is a definite concern that the consequences of Corgi fallout with LFL could affect CE detrimentally.

we have already seen MR pull out of C4 and exclusives lost - and thats with a timescale of under a fortnight. Corgi could definitly influence Cards Inc into offering a smaller show, not pushing so hard to get guests or exhibits etc - if nothing more purely as a negotiating technique to force pressure on LFL - who have the most to lose from a poor CE.

personally i cant see CE being cancelled - but i am concerned about any knock-on effects from Corgis news on the shape of the CE event...

Just for the record, the CIV MR exclusives will still happen, just not as CIV exclusives. They'll be offered through MR's site.

jr2d2
05-20-2007, 08:37 AM
I pointed this out in another forum but we are too far down the line for the main sponsor/ organiser to pull out.

MR products will be missed, I sure hope someone else picks up the lines and continues them.

Lee_c00per
05-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I do think However this will certianly mean that they would need to find another BIG organisation like Cards Inc to be in charge if they ever did a Celebration Europe 2

It wouldn't surprise me if this show in July turns out to be a one off and that Lucasfilm decide to just stick with the US shows every couple of years

mattman81
05-25-2007, 04:21 AM
I wouldn't regard Cards Inc. to be a big company really, and this is the first time they've done anything quite like this. I believe the original plan was for CE to very much be a joint effort between various people, but it didn't quite work out like that in the end for reasons we can only guess at. But I also fear this will be the first and last Celebration event in Europe, largely because Lucasfilm just don't seem too bothered about it. Maybe that'll change as of next week, but too little too late springs to mind.

There's always Jedi-Con 2008 next April in Germany, which is pretty much an official event of a small scale, but usually good fun!

Lee_c00per
05-25-2007, 09:47 AM
I've never heard of Jedi Con. Is there a site for it already?

If the usually have alot of autograph signers then i may see about going as i have a half price flight voucher that needs using