PDA

View Full Version : NOTHING TO SEE HERE - MOVE ALONG PLEASE!!!!!!!

Abstractharmony
05-05-2007, 02:58 PM
So...

I'm not normally given to chicken little moments but...

I attended Collectormania in Milton Keynes today and was talking to everyone's favourite walking carpet.

I asked if he was attending CE and his reply was thus :-

A cocked eyebrow, a 'hmmmm' and then he dropped the bombshell...

'I don't know whether it's going to happen to be honest, but you didn't hear it from me"

Oh No Peter. I did hear it from you and to be honest it ruined the rest of my day and possibly my summer holiday this year.

Jeremy? Barry? Anyone?

Can we get some confirmation as to what would lead to this comment? Has Peter not been invited to join the Party? Or is there something else, elsewhere..., elusive...

We need to know.

BenJ
05-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Well the reason why he said that was because from what I have heard showmasters have pulled the plug on doing all organising the celebs for this event.

Abstractharmony
05-05-2007, 03:37 PM
No, he was definite about the event not happening rather than him not attending.

Chris Wyman
05-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Man, I'm sorry guys, I hope this isn't true. You all deserve a Celebration too.

I wonder what would happen to all those action figures with the Celebration Europe printed on them if there wasn't a Celebration?

Lee_c00per
05-05-2007, 05:37 PM
On the other side. I emailed Jeremy Bulloch who said he'll definately be there.

I don't think they would cnacel the show.

Likeliness is that becuase Showmasters pulled out and them having to get the guests themselves i believe there has been a delay in getting signers agreeing to attend.

I think that if there was any chance that the event wasn't happening then they wouldn't have announced it in the 1st place

If it was cancelled then i was be upset for weeks as it would be too late to turn round and go to C4 instead

BradP
05-05-2007, 09:37 PM
How likely is it that it oculd not happen??? tickets sold, merchadise produced, hotels booked, tables sold to dealers..

I could understand that he may have meant HE wasnt coming...I believe he resides in Texas now and it is a far way to travel..

but to cancel the ENTIRE convention...

I will believe it when I see it. which I hope is never....

SirTristram
05-06-2007, 12:19 AM
No, this is not true...it can't be!

So, much for Lucas saying London is the spiritual home...

NO, it has to be happening.

nlindenj
05-06-2007, 02:54 AM
now i know this was a showmasters show but march of this year there was suppose to be a show in manchester but a month before the show they still only had 4 guests and all of a sudden the gmex was double booked so the forum members said 'how about next week?' then showmasters came out with mothers day, man united are playing at home and we don't want to put a strain on the hotels in the area. remember this was a showmasters event

but having saying that i have been in touch with various people who said its on (agents and comic book artists) but this could change
if it does get cancelled britian gets it again where the sun don't shine

Lee_c00per
05-06-2007, 03:25 AM
This has got me worried though

I did email the CE_OFFICE and it was an automated reply but even that said they are out of the office for the weekend getting guests for CE

I'm hoping it's Peter Mayhew just being a wind up

Jeremy
05-06-2007, 05:01 AM
Celebration Europe has not been cancelled.

Planning is too far down the road, too much money has been spent producing merchandise, procuring event space and accomodation, dealers have booked and paid for their tables, etc.

The only [censored]-up is the guest list, and we know who to thank for that. If Barry's auto-reply said he was spending the weekend searching for guests then chances are he was at Collectormania. If you were to ask Mayhew the same question today my bet is that his answer would be very different.

The cancelled events that were mentioned above were all Showmasters events. Celebration Europe is NOT a Showmasters event, and Showmasters have not had anything to do with Celebration Europe for a long time.

The bottom line is this whole panic has been started by one man who knows nothing of the event. Stop believing rumours.

Jeremy

Abstractharmony
05-06-2007, 06:51 AM
As I said,

I'm not given to chicken little moments but Mayhew really had me worried.

Having slept though I realised that there is NO WAY that it would be cancelled.

Sorry for the panic.

Can we lock and delete the thread?

Adam_Burges
05-06-2007, 07:24 AM
yeah relax, you actually had me worried a bit there. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Abstractharmony
05-06-2007, 12:12 PM
I also note that Mr. Cooper has referred to me as 'a troll' on another forum.

Thanks man.

I don't take kindly to that when all I was doing was highlighting a point that had been raised to me and asking for clarification.

Nor am I the one who went running onto the other forum and posted a thread asking Peter to clarify the point.

[censored]!

Lee_c00per
05-06-2007, 12:30 PM
sorry mate, nothing personal.

I'm just messing around, never meant anything by it. As for troll, i pretty much troll every forum there is myself.

Perhaps we should just 'end this pointless detae in the senate' http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JambeDavdar
05-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Is it worth changing the thread title now?

Jeremy
05-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Let's just stop posting in this thread OK?

Jeremy

Jose_Fiuza
05-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Let's just stop posting in this thread OK?

Jeremy

I agree and will even help you guys with that: thread locked! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif