PDA

View Full Version : I think the Bust-Up line is dying........

Rod
04-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem that GG is slowing down on their bust-ups. This time last year, we had seen pics of the next two waves......this year? all we know is the CW box set and the Summer Exclusive.

It seems to me that the line is dying down. Which is fine for me.....let's GG focus more on the mini busts.

rebel_spook
04-15-2007, 09:31 AM
I think Gg has just slowed down during the transition to the new style of Bust-ups, and that once they have switched over that we will see a lot more series released.

The line that should not have received attention is the Classics line, not an already existing line that was selling.

MountainDooku
04-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem that GG is slowing down on their bust-ups. This time last year, we had seen pics of the next two waves......this year? all we know is the CW box set and the Summer Exclusive.

It seems to me that the line is dying down. Which is fine for me.....let's GG focus more on the mini busts.

I agree they have slowed down. I still like the line to some extent. I liked it alot more when things were slow, like waiting two months for the next bust/statue to come out. Those days are gone now. Every month seems to have a mini-bust, statue and Maquette now. Ah...the good ole days.

They could keep the line going, there are alot of bust ups that can be made still, and the price was right. Plus the new cases are cool.

-MD

Tusken_Raiders
04-19-2007, 05:06 PM

I agree they have slowed down. I still like the line to some extent. I liked it alot more when things were slow, like waiting two months for the next bust/statue to come out. Those days are gone now. Every month seems to have a mini-bust, statue and Maquette now. Ah...the good ole days.

They could keep the line going, there are alot of bust ups that can be made still, and the price was right. Plus the new cases are cool.

-MD

Honestly will all the new items (busts, maquettes, raffles, exclusives, statues)coming I havent had the extra dinero to pick the last 2 bust-ups sets..

sambuca
04-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah, the shops that used to carry Bust-Ups around here no longer do.

I bought one, back in the beginning, and it ended up being the variant Princess Leia.

I never much cared for the "blind box" effect on these.

kizzy
04-21-2007, 02:57 AM
I just want to see pics of the new style and maybe a release date.

Tusken_Raiders
04-26-2007, 02:00 AM
I think what killed the line alittle was 'exclusives' that are just to impossible to obtain.

Smoke Anakin
Blue Snaggs
Blackhole Troopers
Gree..

All these go for $50-$150...Thats way to much for that little piece of plastic..I can understand mini-busts..but not bust-ups..

Val_Da_Carr
04-28-2007, 07:39 AM
or they could be waiting until C4 to release product.

K_M_Toydarian
05-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Let's hope we will see new bust-ups at CIV.
I do hope the Stormtrooper disquise 2 pack is plentiful, since so few were put up for presale.
I am sure the new concept, with the build a figure is somethihg that they want to unveil next week.

doot
06-06-2007, 02:29 PM
I wish they'd just end the variant thing, and just sell them all in sets. I'm behind the last couple series. About ready to sell them all off.

K_M_Toydarian
06-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I wish they'd just end the variant thing, and just sell them all in sets. I'm behind the last couple series. About ready to sell them all off.

Especially with the next set coming out. We saw the first redesigned bustups at C4 which included a couple busts and the x-wing/death star. They also have the build a figure R2. This will be a pain if they are not packed evenly in a case, in order to build the R2, or if there are variants and people buy up more of one hoping to get the variants.
I like the 20-25 dollar box sets.